Chapter 23

~How We Do Us~

KILO POV

I should just end it all and kill both of them. When she told me to shoot her I should have. But then her father wouldn't see it. I can't have her dead yet. That's why I'm here because she's mine and I cant have some pervert take her away from me.

I need to toughen up shes making me fucking soft. She's getting to me. Getting in my fucking head. Her long hair and soft lips are killing me.

I'm here to make her life miserable not be her fucking friend. She shocked me when she told me nevermind but I was also relieved. I can't have her wanting to be dead. I want her to be happy to be alive so when I kill her she wouldn't want to be dead.

I had to have them take him out. He runs his mouth too much. When he said I know who killed her. I had to stop him. She cant know. Shell freak and then really want to be dead. He doesn't even know what he's talking about. I know because everybody thinks they know the truth when they don't.

Him saying that alone made her mad. Imagine him saying some bullshit. She would have snapped and we all would have been dead.

LANI POV

I lay back in the car seat and looked at the road. As a kid, I always sat in the middle seat because I liked looking at the road. I loved driving at night looking at the city lights.

My eyes were getting watery and I couldn't tell if it was from the heater blowing in my face or my mixed emotions. I can't believe I was this close to figuring out who killed my mother. This fucking close. But they had to take him away. Maybe it's for the best because I would kill whoever killed her.

We were on our way to the airport. I hate fucking moving around every other day. It's not necessary at all. I hate being his fucking wife. It's depressing and sad.

I'm still a little scared of airplanes so as soon as I got on I fell asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I woke up in my New York bed. I look over to see it's only seven. Good, I need to fucking eat. I like not waking up in the airplane. I don't understand how he carries me or how I sleep through all of it.

I walk out of my room and walk downstairs as quietly as I can. I want to avoid Kilo at all times possible. I see my phone and look at my notifications.

"I'm at work see you when I get home," was a text Kilo sent me a couple of hours ago. I sighed in relief at him being gone. All he does is fucking work.

I'm just going to eat and go to bed. I make some sandwiches and eat in the living room. Which I know Kilo hates but how is a girl going to watch TV?

As I'm watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine one of my favorite shows I hear the elevator ring. I look at my phone and It was 8:30. I must have got carried away. But it can be Kilo because he never comes home early. I jump up and run to the kitchen grabbing two knives. I could throw a knife. I used to practice in my room. But when I faced my stepdad I could never hit him. I was always shaking or too scared.

I tighten my grip on the knife. I hear footsteps but I don't see anybody. I start breathing heavier By the second. Why the hell am I so scared? I walk closer to the door. The lights were off but I could see a shadow but I couldn't tell if it was Kilo or not. I raised one of the knives and threw it. I could hear it go in the wall. Dammit, I missed it.

I backed up to turn on the light but before I didn't I decided to throw the other knife. But I didn't hear it. I turn on the light and Kilo was standing there holding the knife. I sighed in relief. The other knife was two inches from his head. I almost fucking killed him.