Chapter 28

~You Know Wassup~

LANI POV

I grab my notebook and start writing. I wrote down all the important phone numbers and addresses I needed to know including Kilo. I may need him one day and since I will be throwing this phone out on my way to Florida I will need to know everything.

I also write down all the addresses of Kilos houses including the one I own in Paris. As of right now, I have somebody putting some items in my car. The sticker and license plate. I also have them putting a couple of wigs and essential items in the car. Someone I found on Craigslist. I left the money for them in the car.

I need to be ready to leave. I go into the closet and put some clothes in a suitcase. Mostly summer clothes since Jamaica is hot and some expensive clothes if I need to sell something. I hide the suitcase in the closet.

I put my new phone and notebook up and go to sleep.

Morning.

I woke up in such a good mood. I was getting closer and closer and was almost ready to leave. It's Monday and I am ready. I will be going to work every day this week. So next week when I leave he won't suspect and thing. He would think I'm on my way to work. I would say that I'm running "late" When I'm really on my way to Florida. I'm driving instead of taking a plane I need to make a couple of stops on the way there.

Since people notice me I will have to create a whole new look and name. Change my identity. I'd be a whole new person. I'm pretty sure Kilo doesn't suspect a thing.

Today I got an email from an old friend from high school. We were pretty close until I was forced to stop talking to her and was homeschooled. She was like the only friend who stuck by my side through it all. She was my bestie and I seen her right before I left Cali.

I took a shower and waited for her downstairs.

"Ding" I heard the elevator ring and I jumped up.

"KEHLANI" I heard her scream my name and she ran to me. I hugged her tightly and at this moment I didn't want to let go.

"I missed you so much Mads," I said as I hugged her even tighter. She helped me leave Cali and I don't know how I could ever repay her.

"I can't believe your married," she said laughing. "We used to watch him on tv" I smiled. the good days. She would come over and we would watch tv. Kilo was always on TV. Riccardo was sometimes too but I don't really remember. I just know she had a crush on him. She had the biggest crush on Riccardo. I wasn't really interested in that stuff she would always watch drama news and see them two.

Since I can't tell her I'm fake married yet I had all my things moved into Kilos room for now. He doesn't know she's here and she will be staying.

"Take her bags up please"

She looks at me and hugs me. "Girl I know your in trouble" she whispers in my ear and I pull back. I swear she knows me too well.

I start crying and hug her again. "I am"

She rubs my back and holds me. I would do anything for Madi and she would do anything for me.

"Your smart babe you got this," she says.

"We can't do this here," I say as I grab her hand and we walk to the elevator.

"He's watching us" I whispers and she nods her head.

I call Kilo and patiently wait for him to answer.

"I'm going shopping with a friend," I say trying not to sneak around so he doesn't get suspicious.