Chapter 20

~Bad News~

LANI POV

Is it really necessary for us to be in LA? This is the city where I was abused and bullied. This is where he decides to bring me. He takes us to one of his houses. It wasn't a house it was a mansion. Did he really need huge houses in every fucking city?

I walk in and see Big Rick in the living room. "The hell is he doing here?" I ask Kilo as I am still scared of him.

"He's your new bodyguard," he says with a smirk.

I laugh. "We agreed to no bodyguards"

He laughs at me right back "You did, I didn't"

He fucking tricked me. That's what he whispered in the lawyer's ear that day. "Anybody but him"I look at Kilo scared.

He looks at Rick and says "Take good care of her" A huge smirk were plastered on their faces.

He walks out and I follow him. "Why would you do that?" I as while trying to keep up with him and his speed walking. "You need to be protected," he says walking even faster. "Why the hell are you following me?" he asks as he stops and turns around.

"I don't know this place," I say obviously.

"Find a fucking room and sleep in it," he said with anger.

I see one of the maids and walk up to her. "Can you tell me where Mr. Valentinos room is?" I ask her while smiling. He did say find a room. I'll take his.

She showed me and I got settled in. I hear the door open and I fake sleep. I hear him get closer and he lays on the bed.

I try to control my breathing as I feel him pull me closer. Is Kilo trying to cuddle with me? I bite my lip trying to control myself from laughing. I feel him wrap his hands around my waist.

He laughs and says "I know you're awake"

I stay silent. He moves my hair back and slowly turns me around. I open my eyes and he's staring into mines.

I roll my eyes "What are you looking at?" I say and turn back around. But he turns me to face him again.

"Why are you in my room?" he says and his minty fresh breath covers my face.

"You said find one so I did," I said with a low giggle. He laughs in my ear and whispers. "Your one tough cookie babe"

I get comfortable and he holds me tight. I always wonder if Kilo has a problem. His mood is always changing. Every minute he's a different person. He's mad at you for walking or breathing next you know  He's cuddling you and smelling your hair. Yelling at me then calling me babe.

At least I'm not tied up right now.

In the end, all I got is Me, Myself, and I. Honestly I can't trust Kilo. Not with his mood swings and tantrums. I don't know what he would do to me. Maybe I should leave. Honestly, I have nothing to lose. I should fake my death or run away. Maybe go to Jamaica and live out there.

Just disappear. I wanted to do that so many times. Just leave and never be seen again. But I have a feeling Kilo would be able to find me. I mean the man is one of the most powerful people in the world. So couldn't he?

I'd think he really kill me if I were to leave. But I'm not sure how much I could take of this or what's gonna happen next. It scares me. He scared me and I am so aware of that but here I am sleeping in his bed. But he gets to me. His scent. His face. His body. His fucking smile. That fucking smile really gets to me. He can make a girl pass out just by calling your name.