Chpater 40

~Wrong~

LANI POV

"No no no" I cry as I see Kilo fall on the floor as he has just been shot. I didn't fucking shoot him so who did? I turn around to see my father standing there with a handgun.

I run to Kilo and see his eyes closed. "Baby please stay with me" I cry out. My throat burns and my heart hurts. My father is a sick criminal and my husband who has just admitted his feelings to me is shot on the fucking floor. Dying by the minute. I have never been so hurt in my life.

"CALL THE FUCKING AMBULANCE" I yell as loud as I could. How could he fucking shoot him? After all the shit he's done. After killing his family how could he? When Kilo told me what my father did that I felt like I was going to die. My heart has never hurt like it has before in these past ten minutes.

I touch his face and it was as cold as ice. "Please baby don't die please" I cry out. He was bleeding really badly. But he still had a pulse. I have never seen Kilo so helpless. So dead. I can't stop crying. I can't stop shaking. I can't stop thinking of the information he just told me.

I rip my shirt and put it on his chest to stop the bleeding.

"How could you," I say angrily as I get up and turn to my father.

I point the gun at him "This whole time I thought you were the good guy" I say walking up to him. "How could you shoot him when you fucking killed half of his family"

He didn't say anything he just stood there looking stupid.

"But he killed your mother," he said and that's when I knew. No, Kilo didn't. My father only told Camilla that so I wouldn't leave. So Kilo would look bad.

I felt like I was losing my mind. I just wish this was all a dream. But it wasn't. This was reality. My father trafficks humans and kills women and children. He just shot my husband who finally told the truth.

I realized I don't care why Kilo married me. I don't care if he wants me dead. I want my father dead. He deserves to die. he sells drugs that kill people daily. Drugs are the reason people are dying daily and he sells them. He kills children. He kills children. HE KILLS CHILDREN.

I raised my gun. I was about to kill him. He deserves to die. He is a sick bastard who does evil shit. I hear a gunshot and I scream. My father had been shot and I didn't pull the trigger once again. I turn around to see Riccardo. A sigh of relief comes over me and some men take Kilo out.

"Are you ok?" he asks hugging me.

I start crying "No I'm," I say looking up to him. "I have to ask you a question," I ask wanting to know the truth.

"Did Kilo kill my mother?" I ask.

"No, my brother did," he says and I have never felt more relieved.

I wasn't mad at Kilo. I was glad that he told me the truth. That he admitted his feelings and try to stop me from leaving. But I don't understand why he married me.

If it was for revenge I can't blame him but that would be so fucked up. At this moment I don't even care anymore. I now just care about his health.

"Where are they taking him?" I ask.

"To a private hospital," Riccardo says.

I hear the ambulance and since Kilo already left they are here for my father. Riccardo had shot him in the chest. The people come up and take him away. Camilla walks up to me.

She hugs me and says "I'm sorry"

I hug her back "It's ok I know you didn't know"

"I want to turn dad in," she says