Chapter 15

~How That Taste~

LANI POV

"I'm sorry," I say to Kilo sobbing on him. I feel so bad not just for the way that I have been treating him but the way I let him treat me. I shouldn't be scared of him he's my fucking husband. But something tells me Kilo has bad intentions and I can't really trust him until I find out who he really is.

"I don't hate you Kehlani," he says out of nowhere. That kind of calms me down. I'm kind of half-believed him though. I can be such a bitch sometimes and I hate that.

"But I-" he cuts me off. "I don't but don't think your apologizes will get you out of this"

I laugh "I know it won't but I still owe you one" I want to start over so bad but I know that will never happen. There's no way in hell me and Kilo could even be friends. Not a chance.

I sigh. Maybe if I didn't meet him that night. Just maybe things would be different. Lol, actually I don't know where I would be. I was going homeless when I met him. Which shouldn't have happened my mother did leave money for me but My stepfather took most of it since he was my guardian and I was only 15 he felt as if I didn't need it. He always told me I was an ungrateful bitch who met nothing to my mother. He always tried to convince me that she hated me. Which in my heart I know wasn't true. He tried everything he could to keep me to stay in that house. Tried to convince the doctors I was having mental problems and wasn't ready for the real world so he could stay my guardian. What he did was sick and I'm glad I left.

I cry even more thinking about it. Kilo holds my hand and tries to calm me down. And I do. Gosh, it's like he has powers. His looks could kill. His kisses are magical. His smile makes you blush as soon as you see those pearl white teeth. His touches give you butterflies and His hand holding calms you down. Kilo would be perfect if he wasn't such an asshole. Imagine...

I put my hand on his chest and got even more comfortable. Laying on Kilo is better than some beds I slept on.

I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep but failed. I kept trying but I couldn't for some reason. Usually crying puts me right to sleep but not today.

I look up to see Kilo's eyes closed and his breathing steady but I can't tell if he's asleep. You will never know with this man. He can do anything basically. He is not only rich and powerful but strong. From what I can tell Kilo came from a rich family but from what I heard he earned all his money by himself. An independent asshole.

As soon as this marriage is over I'm fleeing the country. I always wanted to travel the world and do amazing things and that's what I'm going to do. Go to different countries and help people. Who are struggling and need help. With 2.5 million dollars I could help a lot of people and that's what I want to do. Me and my mother used to help the homeless and it felt great. Doing things for other people even if it's the smallest thing is amazing. Somebody out there always needs help.

I close my eyes again and fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up on my side cuddling the covers. Kilo is gone and I'm not cuffed to him anymore. Did he really go in bra and grab the key? Ughhhhh.

I get up and look around he is nowhere to be found.

Thank god. I know whenever he sees me I'm dead. I hear a knock on the door and look through the peephole it's room service. I don't ever just open the door because that is one of the most dangerous things you can do especially at home alone. Trust me I have learned my lesson.

My stepdad once left me home right after beating the hell out of me. He had cameras and he watched me everywhere and the only place where there wasn't a camera was in the bathroom. I stayed in there for a while debating on if I should call the police and then I did. I was tired and fed up so I tried to get help and I thought the police was my alternative. I heard a loud knock on the door and instantly opened it. My stepfather comes charging in choking me with his hands until my back hit the wall. He continued to bang my head to the wall until he threw me on the floor. The station had called him telling them I called instead of coming to check up on me. Which is not how things should work these days. If I call the cops they should come not to call my step-parent the hell. Anyways don't ever open the door without asking or seeing who's there first.