Chapter 26

~Change Your Life~

LANI POV i love his office

Kilo opens the door and comes in. I sigh in relief. He has food and I sigh in relief again. Did he know I would wake up?

He sits in the chair on the other side of the desk. He takes out some drinks. Some Sparkling Ice and water. How did he know I liked Sparkling Ice?

I smirk. This man really did his research. He takes out a chicken salad and I start to smile. My favorite. Why was he acting like this? Bringing me my favorite food and drink.

I look up at him as he was taking the food out. I smiled looking at him and the way he was acting. I didn't feel scared or hurt by what he has done in the past I felt safe. I know he hated me and probably wanted to kill me. But I didn't hate him right now for some odd reason. It's like I just forgot it all at this moment.

I like this Kilo Valentino he got me my favorite food and drink. He has done so many things. But this was my favorite. No man has ever done this for me. But then no man has ever done the other things he has done to me. Like, point a gun at me. That is the most scariest shit and I hated every minute of it.

His getting the food is amazing of him. it might not be a big deal in other people's eyes but it is for me. He went out of his way to find out what I like to eat. And gosh I am hungry. We never eat. I just forgot since I'm so used to it.

"How did you sleep?" he asks right before I put the food into my mouth.

"Good," I say as I start to eat. Wow, I didn't expect him to eat the same thing as me. I mean he got exactly what I wanted. A salad with extra tomatoes and cucumbers. Light ranch and sunflower seeds. Hmmm. He ate the exact same thing.

He seemed to be enjoying it too. "You have good taste," he says eating. I look at him and see him staring at me. He has ranch on his face and I start to laugh almost choking on my food. He looks at me crazy and I grab a napkin. I get up because I couldn't reach his face and go to the other side of the desk. I wipe his face, he laughs with me and wipes mine.

I blush in embarrassment and turn around. But he grabs me and pulls me back. I fall as I trip on my heels and these stupid cords on the floor, but he catches me not letting me hit the ground by an inch. He stands me up and holds my small hands his large ones.

He just stands there and stares at me. Which isn't weird because Kilo stares all the time. Sometimes the kill stare, or the you look good stare, and sometimes even the creepy stare. But I guess this was a little weird because this stare was different. It looked as if he had hurt in his eyes or even regret. He looked sad. Which is a look I never really see on him. I don't think I have ever seen Kilo sad.

"What's wrong?" I ask as he holds my hands tighter.

"Everything," he says and sits back down.

Damm, he looked like he just got his heartbroken. I wonder if he ever has. I don't really know a lot about his relationship or sex life. I don't recall ever seeing something about him being a playboy. I don't know a lot about him and Bella. I bet he's good in bed. I smile trying not to laugh. I did not just think that. I mean he has the best body in the fucking world. His rock hard abs and tight muscles can be seen through his clothes. His facial hair is perfect. His juicy pink lips are amazing. And those pearl white teeth are just perfect. He now wears earrings I mean could this man's body be any more perfect. He just needs a nose ring to top it off.

I have seen everything expects his pickle. I know it's big. I mean what if it's not. That's why I never heard about his sex life. Why am I even thinking about this? It's not like we will ever have sex. Yes were married but so what. It's not real. Kehlani, Kilo, and sex don't even fit in the same sentence. I want to give my virginity to the right person and he isn't. Not at all we basically hate each other I don't think that will ever happen.

I sit back down and finish eating. I kind of wanna sleep here. The couch was comfortable as fuck and I enjoyed looking at the city. Listening to music while looking at the New York skyline is one of the best ways to fall asleep.

He gets up and goes to lay on the couch. Hmm, I guess we are staying here. I take a drink of my beverage.

"Come lay down," he said while getting comfortable.

I get up and take off my heels while walking over there. I love wearing heels because of the loud sound it makes. Also, I'm very short. I don't like looking up to people.

I sit on the couch awkwardly and he pulls me to his chest and I lay down. I was facing towards him and I have my hands on his chest. I lay my head down and get comfortable.

An hour passed by and I couldn't sleep. I don't know if it's the fact that he's breathing loud or that his grip on my shoulders is so fucking tight I can't breathe. I move myself and I am now in a better position.

I put in some music to help me go to sleep.

He looks so beautiful in his sleep it's crazy. For the past ten minutes, I have just been staring at him. Admiring him and his perfections. Tonight he showed me a different side of him. The side of Kilo I like. There's no denying it anymore. I have feelings for him. The way he kisses me. His soft hands and beautiful face have created these feelings inside of me that I can no longer deny. Yes, it's crazy but just like my crying, laughter, and fear, I can't control it. I now have feelings for a killer. For my fake husband. For a man who hates me. I hate him but I don't. Is it crazy to only like one side of a person and hate the others? That's how I feel. I hate myself for even letting him in but now it's too late.

My feelings won't stop me from leaving. Like I said I can't control the feelings and I hate them. I have been trying to push them away. But then this side of Kilo shows up. and my feelings come back. Tomorrow I will start planning my escape. I done it before so it can't be that hard. I can never be with Kilo. For one he's a stone-cold fucking killer. Two he hates my guts. Three he's hiding something from me that I feel could kill me and the list goes on and on. I mean he considered killing me the other day and put his hands on me so yea.

Somethings wrong with me I know. Maybe it was the drugs, But I like Kilo Valentino. But I will not fall in love with him. There is no way in hell that will ever happen. I know I said this about my feelings but saying I love him is way too far. He forced me to fucking marry him. I sound mentally crazy right now.

Change Your Life by Kehlani and Jhene Aiko started playing. If only I could I change his life. I just wish Kilo could be a different person. I wish he was the man he is now all the time. I start singing it.

"Baby, let me change your life, You wanna see, That you can be anything you want, Baby, let me change your life, You oughta be , You oughta be anything" I have such a beautiful voice. I love it.

"Just imagine what we'd be if we became one" I sung to him in his sleep as I touched his face. "Just open your heart I'm tryna get you right, take you to the other side"

I sang parts of the song I felt, That's why I loved music so much because I could relate to it. It's one of the good things left in my life.

"And now you seein' that it's more than body, face, and smile" I sang as I start crying. Gosh, why does he have to be so fucking hot? I hope this is just lust. Please. Or let it be just this one side of him. Nothing else.

I pray that this is just lust. Maybe Kehlani, Kilo, and sex does fit in the same sentence. Maybe I just want him. Could this just be lust? Who am I kidding I fucking like My Serial Killer mafia ridden fake ass husband?

It's crazy how much my life has changed. I hate my life more than ever.

I fall asleep.

A/N

25 and 26 I think will always be my favorite because Kehlani finally opens up. faces her feelings. Kilo is calm and understanding. He knows what's coming up. So he spends the last moment he thinks he has with her carefully.