Chapter 45

~What I Need~

LANI POV

He takes me downstairs and Francis was still here. I run up and hug him before I leave.

"Thanks" I managed to say to him before Kilo snatched me. I wink at him and we leave. I was so tired. I try to keep my eyes open but failed.I fell asleep in the car.

The Next Morning...

I woke up in his bed. "FUCKKK" I yell into the pillow. "Why the hell does he do this?" I say annoyed.

"Do what?" He asks while standing over me.

"I don't like waking up in your bed," I say while putting the covers over my face.

He snatches them off. "Too fucking bad," he says while pulling me up.

"Why are you ignoring everything I say, I don't want to sleep with you or be with you Kilo what the hell don't you understand about that" I pause "Why are you pushing this?"

"Why aren't you?" He says and I laugh. "What?"

"Why don't you admit it," he said getting close to me and I back up.

"Admit what?" I say as I fall on the bed.

"That you like me," he says as he gets in my face.

How the hell did he fucking know I liked him.

"I don't so back off," I say hissing at him.

He backs up. "That's not what Madison said," he says with a smirk.

That bitch. She ran her mouth. That's why he been acting like this. He wants something with me. He's been trying and I just been pushing him away. But can you blame me? He's fucking crazy.

"Whatever 'feelings' I had are gone babe," I say being dramatic on feelings. "You ruined that a while ago and you burned them when you told me about your whole revenge plan," I say lying. My feelings weren't gone. They were still there like I just caught them yesterday. I'm attracted to Kilo in so many ways. I even seem to like his gangster side. Growing up I always read those gangster mafia books but who would know that book would be me. And I would actually fall for him. I Like him like a fucking dummy.

After all this, I still seem to somehow like him. I thought flirting with Francis because he had such a huge effect on me I thought it would help but it didn't. Not one bit.

"Pushing me into something I may or may not want will never work with me, I want space, I need time to process all this because if you haven't noticed your fucking crazy," I say boldly. "You married me as soon as I turned eighteen to get revenge on my father. that's crazy, you have hit me and treated me like a dog, and your right" I paused. I'm giving him the truth. "I do like you, after all this, my heart aches for you, but no matter what I say or do you won't let me go that scares me... I'm... scared of you" my eyes were getting watery. How can I be scared of him and like him at the same time? I don't know. I might as well be just as crazy as he is.

But maybe that's it. Maybe that's all Kilo needs. Is a little love and comfort from the right person to fix that evil broken heart of his.

I hope this doesn't go too far. I can't fall in love with him. It's suicide. I'd be putting myself in danger more than ever.

"I'm trying Kehlani," he says with sadness in his eyes. He walks up to me wiping my tears away. "I know what I did was fucked up, really fucked up."

I cry even more.

"But I'm trying so fucking hard, sorry if I'm doing it wrong," he said wiping my tears away again.

I sigh as I feel a little better. Gosh, he been having my crying for days.