Chapter 7

~Piece of Mind~

LANI POV

"I am not going to be your wife for the last fucking time," I got on my tippy toes and whispered in his ear. I noticed he had on a bright diamond earring.

When did he start wearing jewelry? Besides the cross, he always wears on his neck and the watch I have never seen him wear anything else.

The only jewelry I wear is the gold heart necklace my mother gave me and my big hoop earrings. After she died my stepfather always tried to take the necklace from me so I had to hide it.

He laughed so hard. Everybody turned to look at us as we're walking out.

He held on to my wrist even tighter than he has before. It hurt so bad and I could start to see it bruise.

"Kilo let go of me," I said as he let go of my wrist when he saw I was hurting.

"Let's go now," He said and I followed.

As we walked out a man walked up to us he looked furious.

"Are you fucking serious Kilo?" he says stopping in front of us. I look at him with confusion. "Marrying her after you know-" he stopped and looked at me and then grabbed Kilo and took him away so they could talk.

"You think I wouldn't fucking find out," the man started yelling at him. I could still hear their conversation.

"After all this how could you not tell me," I was so curious. Tell him what about me? Why was he so mad?

Kilo looked at me when he noticed I was listening. I backed up.

"Kehlani. Car. NOW" he yelled and I ran to the car and got in, I wanted to know so badly what they were talking about. All I could hear was constant yelling and screaming that man was pissed.

KILO POV

"I couldn't risk it," I said to my cousin Dante trying to figure out how he knew about Kehlani and her father. How he knows about the marriage when I didn't even go public yet.

"It doesn't matter you are not marrying her," he said yelling at me.

"I am and it's final, she already agreed," She basically did and who the fuck is he to tell me who I will and will not marry?

"It's not her fault it's her father's leave her out of this" he yelled even louder. "Your grandfather wouldn't like this," he rants.

"That's not why I'm marrying her. I don't give a fuck about what his old ass thinks. Leave Dante and don't tell your brother,"

"Like hell, it is, once she finds out who you are, who her father is, she won't," he said walking up to the car which she was in. "Riccardo already knows"

I grabbed him. "Say one fucking word to her Dante. ONE FUCKING WORD and I will kill you I have been trying for years and years to get here and you will not fucking ruin it for me. GO HOME," I said putting him in his place. He quickly left.

For years and years, I have been trying to get to where I'm at and I'm so fucking close that absolutely nobody will ruin it for me. Not a single fucking soul. I will kill anybody who gets in my way.

I got in the car pissed.

"W-What happened?" Kehlani asked. I was so stressed I didn't even want to say shit but I couldn't let her get suspicious.

I couldn't give myself up so I told her something else "A couple of years ago I did business with your stepfather. I didn't know he was your stepfather until now. I almost had to kill him because he was fucking around" which was the truth. He tried to sell Kehlani. Which is another reason Dante didn't want me to get involved with her.