047

Although I'm no where near any big stages in my pregnancy. The thought of someone growing inside you... it's a constant thought.

After the opening of the club last night, I helped KJ get the baby to sleep as Ebony had locked herself in the room that was my fathers base of operations.

"You got to start putting in an effort with the baby and Ebony." I could remember the look of shock on KJ's face as if I was insulting him.

"Am I not doing enough?" He asks as I watched him awkwardly hold Kairo in his arms.

I sucked at my teeth and fixed the position he was holding him in. "Buying stuff isn't enough, watch your child... give Ebony who carried your baby for all those months a break."

"Yo, why you always got to put yourself in other people business?" He asked with an aggravated tone. "We all had fun tonight."

"Did Ebony ? Tell me one time you saw her drink that much ? You did all this , 'I'm going to be a better boyfriend' to get her back and show her you're going to be an even better dad."

He didn't say anything.

"Come to think of it you're kind of down bad on the boyfriend front so you better take this dad thing and really go full force." I patted him on the back a couple of times and he jerked forward to move himself away.

"Why are you saying all of this ?" He finally questioned.

I didn't want to mention the fact that Ebony stated she disliked being a mom. I didn't want to put that damper on his night but I could tell this wasn't going anywhere good.

"Look.... just take care of your baby alright? That's all you got to do."

I could hear him mumbling but I completely ignored it and dismissed myself from his room.

He wasn't wrong, I think I need to just subside from interjecting in everyone else's life but it's hard.

Too many people have told me to just mind my business. I even tell myself constantly.

It's time for everyone to fend for themselves .

When I woke up the next morning, I was expecting to be met with nausea but instead it was my aunt hovering over Dash and I.

He was sound asleep

"What in the hell?" I shouted in a hushed tone.

"Here." She quickly shoved something in to my mouth. "It's a vitamin and you should really brush your teeth before speaking to people."

"Wh-" taking a moment to chew the vitamin before continuing. "What do you mean ? How was I suppose to even get that chance when I woke up to you in my face?"

Aunt Toya placed a finger over my mouth. "No baby.. please stop- I'm going to keep these with me until you're ready to tell everyone about the baby."

I nodded

"I'm so excited ! We're going to do this together okay ? Just like before." She leaned down and kissed my forehead and pulled my covers up my chest. "You can go back to sleep."

Aunt Toya tip-toed out of the room and as she closed the door King rushed in to the room, placing himself on his doggy bed in the corner of the room.

"Is she gone?" Dash asked as he rolled over and pulled me in to his arms.

"You knew she was there?" I giggled as his touch brought chills.

"Yes... I'm pretty sure she was staring at you sleep for a good five minutes before you woke up."