038

I dropped Dash back off at the hospital after receiving a call from Ebony. He protested leaving me alone but I pushed him to just go back and be with Quinn and his aunt.

Ebony sounded a bit in distress during the phone call.as I drove my mind danced with all the possibilities that could be waiting for me once I got to the address she was sending me to.

I mean if something was really wrong she wouldn't of called me right? She has my big bad brother KJ just a phone call away, i'm hoping all she needs from me is a ride home and nothing more.

I arrived to the address expecting to see Ebony sitting outside waiting for me, she wasn't so I decided to shoot her a quick text to let her know I was outside.

A few minutes had passed and I didn't get a reply, I stepped out of the car and walked towards the entrance of the apartment building until the front door was swung open and Ebony came running out crashing in to me.

"What the fuck is going on?" I questioned catching her so she didn't topple over. "What are you running from ?"

As if almost on cue Malik was right behind her, "Where are you going? I just wanted to talk to you about this."

"I told you I didn't want to talk!" Ebony shouted back. "I just want to go home! I said what I had to say... I don't think this is going to work with us anymore."

"Baby... that is crazy, I was ready to be a daddy and take care of you two" Malik took a step forward but Ebony took one step back taking me along with her as she huddled behind me. "Is this cause of her brother? That is silly... you'll be heartbroken by next week."

"I said it wasn't because of King, I just want to be alone... I'm going to get ready for my baby and I need to learn to be alone."

I rolled my eyes in frustration, this was the prime example of a man who just could not take no for answer. I stood there silent for a bit as the two went back and forth for awhile before I decided to chime in, I was ready to leave.

"Look.. why don't we all cool down okay?" I stepped back and with Ebony firmly placed behind me, she went with me as well.

I wasn't too sure why Ebony was cowering in fear, she never did this around KJ and I was not sure if she was scared he would put his hands on her due to how angry he was becoming but I was not going to let him hurt my friend or my nephew.

"Maybe the two of you can talk it over more once you calm down." I added, we had finally backed ourselves up close enough to the car. I knew for a fact I could just jump in and make a clean get away but Ebony needed assistance getting in. "You are obviously too angry right now and you're scaring her, she's literally cowering from you."

"She should be scared, the both of you should be." Malik spat back and it was almost like his words flipped a switch, the calm nature I just had almost disappeared in an instance.

"Are you threatening me?"

"What did it sound like? You think because your brother is some dude that sells drugs and owns guns i'm afraid?" He laughs sending chills down my spine.

"Ebony get in the car."

"Get your ass over here!" He reached out for her arm but I smacked it away and before anything else could be done, he had hit me back. It wasn't a blow to the stomach or the arm which I would of most definitely preferred over getting smacked in the face.

The blow caused me to stumble back and tears to well in my eyes and with that I knew the exact reason Ebony called me instead of KJ. This would of been over as soon as it started if I was KJ, Malik wouldn't of got a chance to say much before KJ got his hands on him. She knew with me, I wasn't going to hurt him or even worse murder him.