008

After a few hours of my mom helping me clean myself up and her basically hovering over me the entire night. I was able to fall asleep around 3 in the morning and I slept pretty laie in to the day

I woke up to my phone ringing a couple of times with text messages from Ebony.

My eyes were still adjusting and it was a bit hard to see threw my swollen eyes but I was able to make out the text messages that Ebony had sent me

My eyes were still adjusting and it was a bit hard to see threw my swollen eyes but I was able to make out the text messages that Ebony had sent me. All the things from the other night slowly began to rush back to me, I did order my brother and father to take Reggie's life and now he's gone. The sharp and unsettling pain that was plaguing my stomach was finally gone, as if knowing that he is dead brought me some ease or payback.

'Good'

I sent my text to Ebony and dropped my phone on the bed beside me. I know I am going to regret my actions later on, that all of this anger will become sadness but right now it felt good.

As I was lying in my bed, a heard a light knock at my door. It was as if whoever was at the was unsure of knocking on it.

"Come in."

The door slowly slid open and Dash's face popped in. "I thought i'd come check on ya." he checked behind him before sliding in to the room and closing the door. "You feeling any better?"

"I mean only what? like a couple hours passed, feel like I was ran over by a truck head on." throwing my blanket over my face so he could not see me. "Who did it?" my question was vague but clear.

"That shit don't matter its done, he got exactly what he deserved... but I got you something and don't get a bigger head than you already do."

chuckling a bit at Dash's comment and sat up revealing my face to him. Hoping he did not think I looked too repulsive. Dash left out the door before opening it back with a small brown and white dog in his hands.

"Like I said, do not get a big head about this it doesn't mean shit." He placed the dog on the bed and it wobbled up to me until it was on my lap. "It's a red nose pit, a boy."

"What is this for?" I picked up the tiny dog enveloping him in my arms tightly. "is this because I got beat up?"

"No, when you came with me for that run and that guy was wildin' on you, I noticed the way you was looking at his dog." Dash's eyes never met mine as he stood in front me. "Don't tell your brother I did this."

"Thank you.... "

He didn't wait for a reply as he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

After a few hours with my furry friend, I decided to call him King. My mom always told me to treat the man in my life as a King and since he is the only one, I guess it will be him.

Although I was trying to hide my face from the public , it was close enough to stop me from heading down stairs I still went anyways.

"How's mommy's baby!"