003

Present Day, 2019

It has been 4 years since I've moved in with my aunt. It was a rough start but once I had gotten comfortable and gotten pass the loss things had taken off for me.

I had gotten rid of my child like body and blossomed in to what my aunt calls, A spitting image of my mother's body when she was my age.

It was the beginning of the summer and today was the day I'm suppose to be moving back to the Bronx with my family since my aunt decided she wanted to move back to New York.

The moving truck had already made it to the house and we were suppose to arrive at the house shortly after.

"Are you nervous?" My aunt asked as we began getting closer to the house. "You've been fumbling with your hands since we got off the plane."

"Nervous to see them? Eh not really..." I can't even explain why I felt so nervous to be back. I haven't seen them in awhile and I knew they would be excited to see me but I was not ready for all the attention I knew I was going to receive from them but I can't say I was nervous about it.

As we reached my childhood home, My brother was sitting out front with about 5 of his friends who I'm guessing helped him move my stuff back in accompanied by the pit bulls that were babies when I was here last. As I stepped out of the car my aunt parked in the drive way KJ's face lit up upon seeing us.

"Kimmy!" KJ spoke as he stood up with opens arms. Scanning him he definitely had towered over 6 feet and his muscles were extremely defined. As we closed the space between us and hugged each other.

"You definitely grew in to that big ass head." I said playfully pushing KJ back.

"Yeah, I could say you grew in to yourself too...." KJ narrowed his eyes and looked back quickly at his friends who have been eyeing me since I stepped out of the car. "Something wrong?" He asks.

"Nah bro," one of them answered trying his hardest to stifle a smile. "We good."

"Ight, mom and pops should be here any minute and we just got finished moving ya stuff in to your room." KJ took out his phone stepping back a few feet. "This was requested by moms, she wants a picture of you as soon as you got here."

I groaned, I could feel the guys on the porch eyes on me since KJ wasn't looking to protest but I decided to act as if they were t there and posed allowing my brother to take a picture.

He turned the phone around showing me the photo he took. "Beautiful as always." He flashed me a quick smile before walking pass me to greet Aunt Toya..

"Okay, aunty still looking young and fine."

As KJ greets Aunt Toya I stepped back on to the path that led up the stairs to the door.

"Nice to meet you." One of KJ's friends spoke to me. "I'm Deven." Although he was talking to me confidently he was whispering almost, probably trying to make it so he couldn't be heard by anyone but the 5 guys around him.

I offered him a quick smile not wanting to entertain him or anger KJ.

"You look good in that fit..." he continued , I could see him biting his lip.

"Ayo KIng..." another guy spoke as he got my brother's attention Deven stiffened up causing the others to laugh. "We got to make that run soon."

"Did you just call him King?" I asked as the 5 of them stood up. "Who's king?"

"Your brother is the king... don't question it beautiful." Deven whispered as he walked past me uncomfortably close.

"Kimmy, when you go inside tell my boy we heading to Pocos crib"

I nodded waving the group of darkskin men off. Still a bit confused where the name king came from but I learned it's best to mind your business when it came to this family.

"They were a handsome group of guys huh? Especially the one in the blue." Aunt Toya laughed walked passed me and up the steps in to the house

I followed after her.

"Your mother truly lucked out when she met your dad... did I ever tell you he tried to get with me first but confused your mom for me."

"Confused? How?" I asked as I closed the door behind me. My aunt had at least a good 40 pounds on my mom and from my understanding it's. Even that way since they were kids, she was always bigger than my mom.

"Never mind how." She smiled as she looked around the house like a kid in a candy store. I have to say the house has changed since I've been here but nothing about it sparked any amazement. Still the same old house with the same old bullshit happening inside of it.

As she continued to drool over the over the top decorating my mother out together I'm sure she did only because Tonya was accompanying me back I went upstairs to what was my when I left but it was filled with studio equipment.

"You not allowed to be in here." The deep voice spoke from the corner of the room behind the door. Once I stepped in looking behind the door I was greeted by a fairly tall young man.

"I'm not suppose to be here?" I chuckled. "Who's trespassing in someone else's home , hmm?"

He stifled a smile crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm guessing you're King's smart mouth little sister."

"The one and only." I smiled at the man who towered over me. He was brown skin and had a head of curls as well as a bright commercial ready smile to match.

"You're still not allowed in here."

"Yeah, I'll leave but I have a question, why are you calling KJ king?" I crossed my arms over my chest awaiting an answer.

"He just goes by Kingpin now.... his rap name his street name." The man didn't hesitate to answer seeming like he wanted to hurry up and get rid of me.

"And your name?" I asked.

"It's Dashawn but everyone calls me Dash."

"Well Dash, my brother wanted me to tell his boy, who I'm guessing is you that he's heading to Poco's home." I stepped back to leave out of the room "by the way, don't ever tell me what to do, mmkay?" I said as I strutted down the ball. I could hear the door close behind me.

"You still listened though." He spoke when I turned around to face him he was already walking down the steps.