036

What would you do if you had to go against your dad? Do you take down the man that raised you; taught you right from wrong or let him completely drown you.

I was faced with that challenge, in the heat of the moment last night I was sure of it, that I could take my dad down with no hesitation but now that I have time to think about it.... I'm nervous.

I felt as if I was a lone baby cub that only had two options and they were to adapt and live or fold and die.

I didn't want to fold, especially not to my father. A man that did nothing but treat me like I was a princess only because his toxic masculinity thought as a girl that was the only thing I was capable of being.

A princess... helpless and waiting for a man to come and save them.

That wasn't going to be me, I'm capable, I'm strong and momma didn't raise a bitch... she raised a boss bitch.

"You know the feds don't take aggravated assault lightly ... we are going to fucking jail bro." KJ had his face resting in his hands as Brianna, Jasmine, Dash and i sat at the kitchen table.m with him.

"We aren't going to let that happen..." I fumbled with my fingers nervously as I began trying to find a solution to our problem.

"No? You kind of made it worst when you called him a bald headed stale milk dud with eyes that are running away from each other." Brianna's comment caused her to snicker and even Jasmine was fighting off a laugh.

"I didn't say that... all of that."

As Brianna was about to say a snarky reply , Dash pushed his seat back from the table fairly hard and before I could even ask what's wrong, the front door was slammed shut.

"He's going to miss my prison jokes." Brianna pouted

"You know sometimes it's okay to just not fucking saying anything." KJ snapped back.

I could already tell that the two of them were going to get in to a screaming match but it was more important for me to see what was going on with Dash. As KJ and Brianna began going back and forth I quietly escaped from the table and slipped out the door.

"You okay?"

Dash was standing on the porch leaning against the banister with his arms crossed. He looked as if he was in deep thought.

"Baby?" I took a few steps closer and rested my hand on his shoulder but as soon as we touched he jumped forward off the porch and away from me. "What's going on?"

"I just got a lot of shit going on..."

"What is it? You can talk to me.."

"Look.... I didn't come over here for the jokes... this shit isn't a fucking joke for me, I can't go to jail I got to take care of my aunt and Quinn." Dash's voice was low and angry.

"I'm going to handle it... I'll get the charges dropped and-"

"How?!" His voice got louder and he turned towards me allowing me to see just how angry he really was. He looked at me as if he was disgusted with me... it hurt. "How!"

"I-I don't know !"

"You don't know.... your dad isn't going to come after you but what was the next best thing ? Her boyfriend... the nigga that actually has shit to take care of!"

"What do you have to take care of ? Maybe I can h-"

"You can't help me! You made the shit worse, you insult the man that has these charges on me bro did you even think about that?"