026

It was nice to be back at home away from Dash's dysfunctional family and back with my own dysfunctional family, at least I knew how to maneuver and handle this one. For example, whenever mom and dad get in to a heated argument playing Jodeci's 'Freek'n You' always had the two singing and dancing in the living room within the hour and any dispute between Aunt Toya and my mom could be fixed with a TD jakes sermon that always ended in tears and hugging.

There has been a recent family dispute that I'm not exactly sure how to handle. KJ has been on lockdown since he's came back home and since he's home, I'm handling the family "business."

Although he won't admit it, the sly comments he keeps making about me not being able to handle the things he can haven't subsided, I've tried all my usual tactics, offering to do his laundry, letting him completely beat me in 2K and baking him red velvet cupcakes but the awkward energy between us hasn't gone away and I hate the feeling.

KJ was sitting in the studio with Ashleigh, Dash and a few of the boys who's name's I haven't gotten down but I know they work for my father.

"If you could do the vocals over this beat Dash, it would be fire." KJ was sitting on the couch with Ashleigh nuzzled in to his side.

"Kimani..." Ashleigh said once she noticed me standing in the doorway and causing everyone else's attention to turn to me as well.

"Baby sis, you come to take Dash away?" KJ asked with a small scoff.

"You okay baby?" Dash asks, his face displaying concern as our eyes met.

"I'm fine..." I scanned the room as my eyes landed on the four boys sitting on the couch. "I am alittle confused though."

"About?" KJ questions.

I walked up to the four boys and they all seemed to stiffen up as I got close.

"Why they're sitting in here with you." I snatched the blunt out of one of their hands and taking a pull of the weed before exhaling it in their faces.

"Yo... King get your sister." One of the boys spoke, his eyes were narrowed down at me as if he wanted to hit me.

"How about you get your ass out there and sell because I'm sure the supply I gave you yesterday isn't gone... hmm?" I smiled at the four boys disgruntled faces. "And as a show of good gratitude, I won't just assume you took this weed out of your supply and I'll even give it back."

They shuffled awkwardly, taking the blunt back that I was holding out to them. In a single file line they exited the room.

"What was that all about ?" KJ asks. "We we're chilling."

"Chilling doesn't pay for your expensive car... expensive equipment and below average hoes."

"What did you just say?" Ashleigh stands up, her hands folded over her chest.

"I know for a fact you heard me and if I repeat myself you're not going to do anything so sit your bony ass down."

Both KJ and Dash stifle a laugh as Ashleigh sits down like she was instructed to.

"That's a good girl." I smiled at her before turning my attention back to KJ. "Business first and fun later."

He groaned and rolled his eyes, "business first and fun later." He nodded remembering the phrase dad had burned in to us since we were little.

I didn't say anything else and dismissed myself from the room leaving KJ, Dash and Ashleigh to themselves and making my way downstairs in to the living room where mom and dad were sitting on the couch.