006

It's been a very uneventful Saturday, I spent time with Dad visiting some of his old friends but I was back at home now.

Ebony had asked me to help her with the KJ situation. I was sitting on the couch with my phone in one hand and Ebony's phone in my back pocket.

It did buzz a couple times with texts from who I'm assuming is friends.

The idea was that if Ebony didn't have her phone she wouldn't be able to come over at KJ's beckon call. Her and I both knew she wasn't bold enough to show up without an invitation so I do commend her on the plan.

I do believe she thought her phone would be buzzing with messages from KJ but nothing. It has only been half a day so all we can do is wait.

After a few more moments of sitting on the couch, one of the phones buzzed.

"KJ..." I smiled at my brother's name that popped up on the screen but I was upset that it wasn't on Ebony's phone.

I ignored his last message, he knows I love him

I ignored his last message, he knows I love him. I know that was the best response he could give me without crushing what little of the old KJ I felt was still there.

I kept the bag of money he gave me under my bed, I have to say the bag was pretty heavy to just contain money. I wasted no time walking out the front door to the porch. A few people glanced my way givijg me weird looks or even a awkward wave. I haven't seen anyone in so long I probably look like one of KJ's little friends sitting on the porch or even worse a female waiting to see my Dad.

I could hear J Cole's, "Middle Child." Blaring and as moments passed the car playing the music stopped in front of the gate.

"You know I'm trying to figure out are you my brothers best friend or his bitch." I spoke as walked up to the all black SUV with tinted windows and gold rims.

I quickly opened the door and climbed in.

We business associates.." he replied taking the bag from my hand. "I handle shit just as important as he does."

"Oh my gosh, it was a joke." I could see by the look on his face it was sometime that really bothered him. "Come on don't be so bitter."

"Alright, you can go now." He turned the music back up his right hand resting on the wheel and his head bouncing to the song. One lone curl sat on his head giving his stern mean face an almost sweet and child like characteristic.

It was obvious he was waiting for me to get out the car, instead I clipped on my seat belt and made myself comfortable in the seat. I've been stuck either in the house of with my family for too long, I could use an escape.

He waited another moment before groaning and driving off.

"I love that you knew you couldn't win that fight." I smiled as I sat back and watched the scenery pass by us.