046

The time away from the house almost seemed like a blur. It seemed like it was all a dream or distant memory and we just left the hotel this morning.

If it was all a dream, it would mean I wasn't pregnant.

The word has been spinning around in my head since I've found out and it's taking everything in me to act like it isn't bothering me.

I'm pregnant with Dashawn's baby.

I am going to be a mother..

Dash hasn't said much about the entire thing and I can't tell if it's because he knows I'm feeling a bit stressed about it or if he didn't even know how to process it himself.

We've been through a lot and thinking about everything we've been through before and during our relationship has been everyone else's fault but our own and we've handled them.

Our relationship was solid.

A baby would be a cake walk compared to the crazy things we've dealt with and we can completely handle it...together.

Dash and I were about 5 minutes away from the house and I was already dreading being back and tempted to tell him to just drive past and keep going.

I rested a hand on his leg and gave it a tight squeeze. "So.. we agree we aren't going to tell anyone we're expecting right?"

"Tell anyone what?" Dash questions with a raised brow.

"That we're expecting."

He purses his lips together and taps at the steering wheel. "Yeah, we don't have to tell anyone you're pregnant."

"I just feel like with Ebony giving birth and KJ opening night for the club , I don't want to take away anyone's spot light, you know?"

Dash took hold of my hand that was on his lip and intertwined our fingers.

"You're fine ma, We can tell them whenever you ready but I better not fucking catch your ass drinking , around any smoke and you have the list of the right shit you need to eat."

"Whatever you say daddy." I couldn't help but giggle. Loving when he raised his voice at me and loving it even more he seemed to care so much about the baby.

About his baby.

"Daddy." Dash repeated. "That's exactly how that baby got in you in the first place."

"If you call him daddy!" I sang as I began to move my body in my seat. "I know he getting in the panties ! Go -"

As I was about to continue singing, I was interrupted by Pop Smoke.

I huffed as I was blocked from singing and Dash laughed obviously satisfied with himself.

As we pulled up back to the house. My mom was in the front yard kneeled down in the grass while Aunt Toya stood over her holding a few pots.

"The love birds are back!" Aunt Toya shouted as we exited the car.

"Did you guys enjoy it ?" Mom held out her hand for Aunt Toya to help her to her feet. "You know I suggested the hotel, I knew it had to be the best for my ooujie baby."

"Boujie? I'm not boujie."

"Says the girl who can't wear fake jewelry." Aunt Toya chimes in.

"That's cause my skin has a reaction to it and bubbles up !"

"Even your skin boujie baby damn." Dash adds causing Aunt Toya and mom to laugh.

"Aye!"

The front door swung open and KJ came storming out.