043

The voice was low but recognizable.

It was Ebony.

I slid out of the bed, even though Dash's tightened grip was an obvious indication that he didn't want me to get out of bed but I had to.

"I'm coming!" I called out as I wrestled myself away from Dash.

I cracked the door open, greeting Ebony with a smile but she had a look of distress on hers.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

She didn't say anything.

I scanned her for some indication of what was wrong but her face didn't give anything away.

"What's wrong? Ebony?" I pulled the door open and went to take a step out the door but my foot stepped in something wet.

Blood.

My eyes widened, the puddle of blood by my door was large and looking down the hall there was a trail of blood that led to my room.

"Dash!" I called out to him as I swung the door open and within minutes he was by my side.

Dash assessed the scene for a moment before turning around and slipping on a shirt and shoes.

"I don't know why I'm bleeding." Ebony was speaking in a low whisper, i was almost unable to make out wjay she said. "What if I hurt him?"

"You didn't!" I said reassuringly, it was all I could say. I felt like I couldn't move.

"Everything is going to be fine." Dash chimed in after me, his tone was calm. He disappeared in to the bathroom before reappearing with a few things thrown over his shoulder.

"Come here." He made his way over to Ebony and wiped the blood off her legs with a wet towel. "Get dressed babe."

I stood there for a moment... watching as he continued to clean the blood off her legs.

"Baby? Get dressed."

I nodded, shaking myself out of my daze and slipping on a few items of clothing.

"Alright." Dash stood up and snatched the last item off his shoulder. "Hop in these." He held out a pair of gray sweats helping ebony step in to them. "Grab your moms keys and meet me out front." He swooped Ebony up in to the bridal position and strategically made his way around the blood and down the steps.

That moment felt like a complete blur, I would of still been standing there, lost and confused.

Springing in to action, finally... I ran through the hall and by the time I was downstairs Dash and Ebony were already outside.

"You'll be fine..." Dash was almost rocking Ebony in his arms once I finally got out there. "You're about to be a mom! That's fucking dope, I mean it sucks you smell like metal but you know."

Ebony chuckled a little at Dash's comment about the smell of blood. "Thank you Dash"

"It ain't nothing... you my sis, you know that."

The drive to the hospital was fast, ignoring the speed limit and zooming past red lights were a positive but definitely going to be a negative later when I receive tickets in the mail. It was almost the perfect opportunity to call KJ and let him know what was going on.

Once the three of us were in the hospital a nurse, seeing the bloody mess all over Dash and Ebony she had quickly escorted us in to a room and tended to Ebony.

It was the regular protocol..questioning and taking her vitals before the doctor came in to the room.

"Alright..." the nurse held out a gown for me to hold. "The doctor will be here shortly, help her change in to the gown and I'll be right back. We got to prep."