044

Kairo Dashawn Sumner, The house was buzzing with the name and excitement about the new baby boy. Ebony and Kairo weren't able to come home because of her complications with birth and the fact that he was a couple months early but that did not stop a thing.

I've visited Ebony and baby Kaito two out of the four days they've been here. The other days I was handling business for KJ since he was in daddy mode.

It was simple things, nothing I haven't handled or seen done before.

It was midday when I arrived to Ebony's hospital room, this making the third time I've visited. Atieno, Ebony's mom, couldn't take too many more days off work and from my understand KJ had something he had to handle.

It was just the three of us in the brightly lit hospital room.

I stood in the corner slowly rocking baby Kairo in my arms. He was swaddled and eyes closed. At some moments he'd yawn or use his hand to grip at my shirt.

He captivated my heart as soon as I saw him and whenever I was here, he was in my arms.

"At least I know I always have a babysitter in you." Ebony chuckled, she was laid back in the hospital bed with her phone in hand. "Aunty mode seriously activated."

I couldn't help but laugh, she wasn't wrong. Kairo had recently acquired a brand new onesie wardrobe at the hands of yours truly and Dash picked him out the dopest set of shoes.

"He looks so much like KJ when he was a baby," I smiled over at Ebony. "I bet you hate it."

She rolled her eyes before speaking, "girl... you know I do but I am happy he's taking a liking to being a father... I just hope it sticks."

I don't think she has anything to worry about, KJ had seemed to make a complete 360 turn and the way he looks when he's holding his son speaks wonders.

"I want to tell you something, I didn't want to tell KJ"

"You're not pregnant again are you ?" I asked obviously joking and she shook her head wildly in protest.

"No! God no! I don't want one of those things crawling out of me again for awhile," She sat her phone down beside her before adjusting herself up right. "It's about your dad."

My heart skipped a bit at the mention of my father, he's been quiet lately but we all knew that wasn't going to last.

"He stopped by when KJ left the other day, like right after almost like he knew or as if he was watching."

"Well... he is pretty well known for being attentive but what did he want?" I decided to sit down on the edge of the hospital bed as she continued.

"He just wanted to see Kairo, he held him for a bit and even left a teddy bear I had Brianna hide cause I didn't want KJ questioning it but that's not it.. before he left he said something about telling my boyfriend and his little sister to watch their backs and hopefully nothing goes wrong with the club."

Ebony looked at me with worried eyes, I wasn't worried.

"Don't sweat it... he's just trying to plant a seed and we aren't even going to water that shit." I nodded to reassure her as I looked down at Kairo. "Who's not going to worry ? Us ? Right cause your grandfather is a nut job."

"Look, I know you guys have what Brianna calls a very Empire-ish family dynamic going for you guys right now but I don't want to lose either of you."

"First off, really ? Listening to Brianna and secondly... you have absolutely nothing to worry about."

As I finished speaking the room door swung open and my mother with Dash hot on her feels came storming in to the room.