◈ Chapter 27 ◈

➳ 27 | UNDENIABLE FEELINGS

╼ ╾

Opening the main door with a smile on my face knowing who it is, I greeted Tzuyu with a hug who was pretty surprised noticing me acting pretty weird

"Why are you acting like as if we met after ages?", with a nervous chuckle she said, making me back away with hands on my waist.

"That brat didn't let me meet you for almost a week! You don't know how much I missed my childhood friend", with a childish pout, I guided her inside to my room.

Luckily, Taehyung was out for some business, well he is mostly out these days.

I barely see him. He goes out early in the morning and comes back late after midnight.

Sometimes I think he is way too focusing on his work, not caring about his health or sleep.

The workaholic type of man.

Last night, I decided to stay awake till he comes back home, and I almost did. I wanted to confront him, ask him why he is overworking himself but his mood stopped me.

He looked tired and frustrated, and the least thing I wanted to do was to annoy him more.

Not to mention the fact that he seems quite annoyed by me these days.

"Earth to Jieun!", waving her hand infront of my daydreaming face, Tzuyu shook her head in disbelief whilst looking at me.

"I suppose Taehyung isn't at home"

"Ofcourse. Else you wouldn't be here", I noticed how her expressions changed.

"Why is he so overprotective? He needs to know that you have a life of your own. You can meet and see whoever you want, who is he to control--"

"I know... It's just. He's afraid", I said as I fiddled my fingers not daring to meet her questioning gaze.

"Why is he afraid? That me or Jisoo will kidnap you or something? You'll get lost like a five year old child? That day, we were just trying to play around with you, it wasn't even that serious!", she snapped at once but soon realised that she shouldn't have said these words infront of me about my own husband.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I just couldn't control myself. I still remember how we both used to hang out everyday and now...", she sighed before continuing her sentence. "After you married him, you've changed. Maybe you didn't, but he made you. He is controlling your life and you don't even realise it"

I stayed quiet, listening to her. Her words, they were all true. I'm blindly letting him control my life.

"You know what? Let's just forget about it. I didn't came here to talk about such useless stuff", with a slight nod, I flashed her a smile before turning on the TV.