◈ Chapter 9 ◈

9 | SYMPATHY

╼ ╾

Looking at the clock, I sighed once again. I knew I messed up and I regreted it all.

It was past midnight and I was still waiting for him to come back to our room. He didn't even showed his face after that incident, where is he even gonna sleep?

I would be lying if I say that I wasn't dead worried about him. I felt nothing but guilty, I wish I could turn back the time and stop myself from slapping him.

I waited a couple more minutes and that was it. I decided to face him myself, I'm not gonna let him sleep outside because of the tension between us that I created.

Getting out of the room I looked left and right through the little corridor before stepping downstairs.

I knew the place he exactly would be at this hour. His office.

Even though I figured out the whole map of this mansion, but it still took me a lot time to reach his office because of the darkness. Now I didn't had that much energy to turn on all the lights one by one.

I stared at his office door before clearing my throat and knocking the door several times.

No answer.

I tried knocking again, but still no response.

"T-Taehyung, it's me.Can I come in?", I voiced out, stuttering a bit due to nervousness on how the heck will I face him after what I did.

After I heard no response from him, I decided to just get in the office room because he always let it open.

Turning the door knob, I opened the door getting in, but all I faced was pitch black darkness.

I looked around a bit until my eyes suddenly fell upon a slender figure lying down on the couch. It was complete darkness in the room, the only thing that made me notice him was the moonlight from the window.

I noticed he hugged a pillow to sleep, soundlessly. Without knowing my lips curved up into a slight smile looking at the view infront of me.

I silently took more steps to towards him, trying my best not to wake him up. I sat down on the carpet near the couch, staring at his face.

I never noticed how beautiful he actually was. He had perfect face features that I bet no one in the world has.

Having a sudden urgency, I ran my hand through his hair as I stared at him. "I'm sorry", A whispered escaped me with a single tear that I wiped before it streamed down my cheeks.

I held his hand as I closed my eyes, resting my forehead on it. Peace, that was what I felt.

Not wanting to disturb his sleep more, I stood up, wanting to leave the room to stop this unwanted feeling but I felt a grasp on my wrist which stopped me immediately.

I turned my head almost suddenly, looking at Taehyung who was looking at me with half eyes opened, his hand still on my wrist.

"Stay here", He said almost in a whisper but enough to make my heart melt. I knew this wasn't any strange feeling, it was all guilt, nothing else.