◈ Chapter 39 ◈

39 | A VOID

╼ ╾

"He's avoiding me", Jisoo clicked her tongue after hearing my words, which honestly annoyed her so much considering the fact that she always shipped me with Taehyung

It was past eleven in the morning and I was fed up of sitting in my room doing nothing, so I thought of calling Jisoo.

I told her about my 'adventure' past week, and she was quite mad at me for sneaking out of the mansion and getting caught by that Jungkook guy like that.

As much as she wanted to just come right here and see me, maybe even teleport here somehow, she couldn't.

The tension in the mansion was way too much for these greetings and stuff.

Right now things were worst. I didn't really told Jisoo about Taehyung's Dad cause I didn't felt like I should tell her. Maybe Taehyung will tell them both later on.

Staring at the floor, I waited for her reply but she only left out a sigh.

"I wish I could come over and teach that boy a lesson", I chuckled at her words.

"It isn't his fault though... maybe he is just too busy", I could already imagine her rolling eyes on my act of defending Taehyung.

"Look who is talking! You were the one who was complaining a minute ago--"

"I didn't meant it that way!", she just left out a giggle after noticing me being annoyed.

"You know what's cooler? Jimin is coming back to Seoul tomorrow. I can't wait to see him", I stared at the ceiling, imagining my brother near me.

It had been two whole weeks I haven't seen Jimin. Most in my lifetime.

"Cool... how about we arrange a gathering after that? Maybe at your house? I miss spending time with you", her low voice at the end showed how desperately she wanted to come over.

"I-I'll ask Taehyung. Maybe next week, we three can hang out", with a nervous chuckle I said.

Just like always, whenever I'm talking, the door knocked and I immediately turned towards it before saying, "come in!"

I knew it wouldn't be Taehyung as he would never knocks before entering.

Rather slam the door open loud enough to destroy my ears.

The door opened, revealing Haneul with a gentle smile plastered on her face.

"Unnie... you didn't had breakfast"

The fact that I was still on hold with Jisoo made me uncomfortable, so I just smiled at Haneul, motioning her to give me a second.

"I'll call you back, Taehyung is here", I purposely lied, for some reasons.