◈ Chapter 21 ◈

➳ 21 | HOPES FOR BETTER

╼ ╾

"Leave my hand Taehyung, you're hurting me"

"I just saved your life from that bastard and here you are complaining", Taehyung said with gritted teeth as he dragged me upstairs to the room.

He didn't gave a fvck about the maids watching us both, he was basically making fun of me infront of them all.

He was showing them how he basically treats me, and I was done with his behaviour.

"Leave my hand!", This time I finally yanked my wrist out of his grip as soon as we reached the bedroom.

I looked at my wrist as I winced in pain, seeing a bruise already formed.

"Jerk", I cursed at him, sending him a death glare which didn't even effected him at all.

"Yes I am. I'm a jerk who always tries to protect his wife while on the other side she only sees me as a selfish and arrogant man", This time his words hurted me deeply, but I couldn't control my anger anymore.

"Oh you mean scolding and yelling me infront of your friend counts as protecting me? Making fun of me infront of your maids is caring about me? I understand you both weren't in good terms but---"

"He was never my friend. He is working under someone who has been trying to sabotage me these all years", He stated as he tried to calm his breathing.

I was more than shocked.

That Jungkook guy, who met me at the wedding, who even called me on my phone, he was against Taehyung? He was one of the man Taehyung was after?

Moreover was he dangerous? The way Taehyung reacted after seeing him, he had hatred for him.

"If you don't care about what I say, atleast care about yourself. You don't how terrified I was...", He ran his finger through his hair, resting it on his temple afterwards.

"Taehyung, I...", I tried to calm him down, stepping a little closer to him but he only stepped back as he shook his head.

"Why can't we live a normal day without arguing Jieun? I just want to live a normal marriage life with you, is it wrong?", I felt guilt rushing in me after hearing his words.

I'm always the who starts every argument.

"I'm sorry", I looked down as I didn't had any more courage to face him.

A heard him sigh before he spoke, "You can sleep, I'm going to my office room. Might sleep there", He whispered the last part before rushing outside not even giving me a last glance.

I messed up big time.

******

Taehyung's POV:

It was past one o'clock in the morning and I was still awake. I couldn't sleep, the office couch was so uncomfortable.

I could have slept in one of the guest rooms, but I know I couldn't. There are alot of maids and servants in this house who will surely tell this to my father, who will later confront me for this.