◈ Chapter 31 ◈

➳ 31 | SOMEONE FAMILIAR

╼ ╾

Blinking my eyes repeatedly, trying to adjust to the lightning, I looked around noticing the unfamiliar place.

It was an old wooden cabin, all dusty as if no one ever lived here.

I tried processing things, and most importantly how did I even got here?

Is this a dream.

"Oh you're awake", a familiar voice whispered and I turned around almost immediately.

The man covered my mouth quickly with his hand, while his other hand went to his lips, gesturing me to keep quite.

"Jungwoo... where am I?", he calmly asked me to sit down, tiredness visible on his face clearly.

"Stay quiet, talk in whispers...I'll tell you every single thing", he handed me a glass of water but I just shrugged it away.

I just wanted answers, nothing else.

"Where am I? Tell me! You can't just--"

"Stay quiet!", he almost shouted this time.

"Say that to yourself and answer my damn question", I asked him in low voice, not whispering though.

"We're in the middle of a forest called nowhere", I frowned on his words.

"Wait a damn minute! Did you just kidnapped me, you--"

"I said stay quiet! We can't take risks!", He shouted at me before quickly realising what he had done. "This damn girl..."

"You're telling me that we are in a cabin, in the middle of nowhere and you still want me to talk in whispers? Oh come on! Whose gonna listen?! Animals?! Birds?! Or maybe these four walls of this rusty little room", Snapping at him, I started pacing back and forth.

"Can you walk a little slowwwwly? You're making a lot of noise"

"I'm really gonna scream the hell out of myself if you don't shut up!"

He messed up his hair in frustration before taking a seat.

"Sit down and relax, I have a lot to explain"

"Quick! I don't have time. If I go home late even for an hour, I'll be so dead--"

"What do you mean an hour? You're...correction...'we' are trapped here for like two days", my eyes widened upon hearing his words.

"Wait-- was I dead for two damn days straight?!"

"Sleeping... well it's the same though. You almost looked dead to me, didn't thought that chloroform will put you to 'dead' sleep for days. Heck I was even about to bury you alive"

"Oh please Jungwoo! I'm not in the mood of jokes. Tell me the detail and get me out of this cabin, it's too dark and dusty here. Look at those cockroaches, ew", he just looked at me blabbering continuously for a whole minute before getting straight to the point.

"Jungkook and his so-called partner are after you", he uttered as I pointed at myself, still not sure if he meant me or someone else.

"Oh you must have misunderstood. I'm just a normal typical girl, why would someone even-"

"Did you lost your memories? Do I even need to remember you that you are wife of a damn mafia."

"Oh right... I forgot about him", silence greeted us both for the next minute before he broke it.