◈ Chapter 40 ◈

40 | TIED KNOTS

╼ ╾

"Taehyung's asking you to forget about it", Hoseok said as he stared at the ground, not at me directly.

I was just trying to enjoy the morning, away from all the Mafian Duties in the mansion itself but here one found me again.

"And what exactly does he wants me to forget about?", with a questioning look, I asked the man standing infront of him.

Hoseok did looked weaker. Being away from home city for more than a week, focusing on his work did made him weaker than before.

"About Mr Kim. This news shouldn't reach to anyone"

I knew exactly why he wanted me to forget about it all.

"Ask him to not worry about it. I'm not a eight year old kiddo who goes around telling every single person stuff that--"

"Yes you are! Mentally though", I rolled my eyes at the familiar voice. I didn't wanted to face him at the moment.

After that talk last week, we barely talked.

It was almost the same, except that I was avoiding him this time.

"You need to devour the fact that I changed. I admit I was careless before but--"

"Hoseok...you can take your leave", he cutted right through my words as if he wasn't even listening to me in the first place.

This was the thing I feared and hated the most.

Our relationship was the worst right now. Almost as if we loathed eachother, never wanting to cross paths again.

Even though I did confessed back then, he made me feel as if I was still the same Jieun. The one who hated him.

Two hearts with hatred yet dying for eachother's touch.

"You know what? now that I think of it... It's you who really changed", he looked at me with an expressionless face yet again.

I hate how it's so hard to understand what he feels.

"Yes I've changed... for the better", he looked elsewhere, as I stood there staring at his figure.

"I don't want another argument here Taehyung. You better leave", being done by his awful behaviour, I crossed my arms.

"Sure I'll leave... from your life this time", yet again he started with his nonsense talks.

"For fvck's sake Taehyung! Don't bring that topic up again! I'm done", I raised my voice at him this time but he cared less.