◈ Chapter 25 ◈

25 | HIS FAULT

╼ ╾

"My life is so boring", I muttered, purposely trying to make him even a bit guilty.

"So?"

"What do you mean so? Why can't you--"

"Give you permission to hang out with the girls that left you on your own last week? A big no!", Taehyung didn't even spared me a single glance as he continued reading his book, probably a romantic novel as the name tells.

It was yet another morning, same as the other days except that it was raining today.

After we both had our breakfast, Taehyung started reading one of his 'Romantic' book collection, while me? Well, I had nothing to do else stare at him.

"You have no taste", me being tired of staying in my room all day was tired, so why not tease him a bit?

What can go wrong?

"Excuse me? What do you mean?", He furrowed his eyebrows, still not turning his attention towards me who was pacing back and forth in the room.

"You read romantic stories? Seriously? Oh wait-- Don't tell me that you're in love with someone and you want some tips from these novels to show her some affection and that somebody is me", I breathed out heavily after saying whatever came in my mind.

"Hello? Miss? Come out of your dreams and fantasies. Me falling for you? Good Joke", he chuckled nervously before focusing back on the novel.

"Oh really Mr Kim Taehyung? Weren't you the one who kissed me that day? Not only once but twice. Just spill the tea, I won't be surprised", I smirked at him knowing that I'll definately win over this conversation.

"And who was the one who responded back to my kisses each time? I can say the same to you Kim Jieun", I looked at him, feeling a bit defeated.

"It doesn't matter. The fact that you were the one to make the first move matters the most", Taehyung scoffed after hearing my words.

"Fine! If that thingy happens between us again, we'll see then. Let's see who makes the first move next time", his lips curved up into a smirk probably thinking something evil.

"Next time?! There will be no next time! Do I look like a kissing booth to you?!"

"Calm down miss, I'm sitting right here infront of you, no need to shout. My poor ears"

I looked at him, done by his infuriating and childish behaviour.

He is someone who does not like to lose in an argument. Especially with me.

"Lets's change the topic. Let's see.... Shouldn't you be reading any action novel? You have no passion for your work I see", I closed my eyes, waiting for his annoyed behaviour, but no.

"So be it. I'm not interested in my career anyway", I opened my eyes to look at him who was calmly reading the novel.

"Why though--"

"Leave it. It's not worth our time talking about it. Not that things can change now"

I looked at him, a bit sympathetically. He was stressed these days, I could see it.

"Why don't you take a break?", I asked as I sat beside him.

My mood did changed a bit. I wanted to know him more, I was curious.

"Believe me, I would like to take a lifetime break, only if I could", he sighed as he closed the book, and looked at me who was staring at him, dozing off in her own world.