◈ Chapter 41 ◈

41 | BACKSTAB

╼ ╾

"I really apologize... it's all my fault", Haneul bowed down to me, whilst I shook my head, trying to tell her that it was not a big deal at all.

Infact it sucks but I was glad.

Apparently, Jimin left to his apartment early in the morning and I knew the exact reason why.

He wanted to avoid me, it was as simple as that. He probably realised that it was not good to butt into someone else's matter.

Heaving a sigh, I looked at Haneul who looked a bit disappointed with herself. She blamed it on her that Jimin left without anyone noticing.

Probably just a few guards outside who didn't even had any clue he was my brother.

"...I'll go prepare the breakfast... it's already too late", she muttered, backing away slowly and disappearing into the kitchen.

Shaking my head in frustration because of last night, I made my way back to my room, where the man I admitted to love was still sleeping.

His figure, hugging the pillow, sleeping soundlessly made me just wanna stare at him forever.

It's quite absurd, but he mostly used to sleep in his office room. Even though he distanced himself from his mafia duties, he still slept in his work office with an obvious excuse that he was working late night.

But I knew it too well.

I always used to creep inside his room at midnight, checking if he overworked himself, rather finding him snoring on the office couch.

It's not as if I didn't confronted him for it. I did argued with him about it several times, hoping he'll just drop his cold behaviour with me, but he didn't.

Now that someone broke the ice, none other than my brother Park Jimin, for the first time after weeks, he slept in the room with me.

Like old times.

Last night... he was just sad and mostly disappointed with himself. He kept mumbling things whilst trying hard to sleep, most of it didn't reached out to my ears though.

He was just mad at himself and because of the same reason again. He blamed himself for dragging and forcing me to marry him and I was totally done with it.

Things were at peak right now, it felt to surreal.

"...why didn't you wake me up early?..", realising I was still staring at him, I quickly diverted my eyes at the floor, hoping that I didn't got caught staring at him.

"..Did I wake you up?", I asked, feeling a little nervous around him.

Obviously that was a lame question but it just slipped out of my mouth.

Now that I admitted to have feelings for him, it was way too different.

"Of course. Who can even sleep while someone is staring at them--"

"I wasn't staring at you!", I knew it wouldn't work any well, he probably caught me daydreaming about him.

"Just stop lying-"

"I was just spaced out... nothing else", gulping down, I internally congratulated myself for the brilliant excuse.

I'm good at making excuse, it's an excellent trait of mine.

"I believe you!", with a chuckle, he got up from the bed and stretched his arms.

By the look of it, it seemed as if he forgot about last night. The way he acted last night and today was quite different.