◈ Chapter 48 ◈

➳ 48 | NOW OR NEVER

╼ ╾

"Get the papers ready, I'm rescheduling my day

"Get the papers ready, I'm rescheduling my day. I'll meet him today", Taehyung said and even though his expression showed nothing but blankness, he felt totally odd.

He felt as if his only wish was about to be granted, as if he was one step away from being the happiest man in the world.

Leaving the mafia, undercover business.

It was easy to say, but retiring from such  position was not a piece of cake, he knew what he has go through to achieve what he wants.

A happy life with Jieun. That's all he wished for.

"I don't think your father will be quite happy seeing you in his place", Soobin looked at him, with a bit of worriedness considering the fact that Taehyung was about to take this one big step.

A step which should be taken now or never. Either he quits his career now or he'll never be able to because of his Father's vicious plans.

"First of all, Don't address him as my Father. Second of all, He won't ever be happy with me, whether I contain my position or not", Taehyung said firmly and Soobin just stood there, multiple thoughts and perceptions floating in his mind.

"I don't get it. Your bloodline is mapped in a mafian family, how can you possibly think of leaving-"

"We have our own rules. My so-called father allowed my Hyung to live a life of his own, peacefully. Then why not me?", he paused midway, his finger tapping on the desk anxiously. "I'll ask for my rights"

Soobin sighed before nodding his head. He knew he was no one to interfere in it, whatever Taehyung wanted, it was his choice.

He totally understood the situation he was trapped into. The whole business was only a threat to him, his wife and his future family.

If it was for him to leave mafia, it was now or never.

"Either I'll give away my position to my most trusted partner cause I have whole rights to... or else I can just leave the whole business behind crashing for my 'dear' father to handle cause he deserves it"

Soobin sat on the chair, tired of standing for almost half an hour infront of him, trying to convice but failing miserably.

"And he won't be able to handle it on his own, you know it well too", Soobin remarked, looking at Taehyung who had his eyes stuck on the laptop screen.

He turned the screen towards the latter showing him the graph of their latest activity.

"It's all going down the hill"

"...and it's nothing to worry about. Because of my low mafia activities past month, the career is already on the brink of being destroyed by the opposition. What's the point of continuing now?"