◈ Chapter 36 ◈

➳ 36 | LONGING

╼ ╾

Looking at the man before my eyes, I couldn't help but smile. Seeing him after more than a week was a relief.

It made me forget whatever I had to go through those days.

Not really caring about others staring at me, I strided forward to him who was still gazing at me as if he was dreaming.

Silly man.

Before Taehyung could even realize that I was right before him, I hugged him, resting my head upon his chest.

It felt at home.

Others in the room including Jihoon, Jungwoo, and Soobin quietly made their way out of the lounge.

Purposely to give us some space.

He might be thinking as if I've hit my head or something. The one who hated him is now the one in his embrace feeling home.

The way he didn't even hugged me back made me think something else.

Maybe he wasn't even grateful to have me back at all. Maybe it was only me longing his presence.

It wasn't long before Taehyung's arm wrapped around my waist, hugging me back.

For some seconds we stayed like that, making up for the longing we had for each other past week.

I know it shouldn't be like this. I've only been away for one week and here I'm acting as if I came back from the dead.

"Stupid...", he mumbled in a low voice, swaying me in his embrace.

I expected him to call me that. Moreover he had the right to call me every little cursing word in the world.

If I wasn't stupid and clumsy enough to sneak out of the mansion that day, this all wouldn't have happened.

It was all my fault.

"Look who missed me", with a bit of sarcasm in my voice I said before pulling away from the hug, noticing him staring at me admirably.

"Who said I missed you--"

"Jihoon", he was just back to his old self, the way I liked him to be.

"That fvcker", cursing under his breath, he looked around for that boy but noticing no other in the room.

Guess we were too much into the moment that we forgot that the world existed.

He turned to look back at me, who was still busy gazing at the man who she unfortunately 'missed' last days.

"You don't know what I went through these days. You do have a lot of questions to answer too--"

"If it wasn't for Jungwoo I wouldn't have made it here, so all thanks to him", I could notice his expression turned a bit amazed.

He probably didn't noticed Jungwoo in the room, for which his expression told. Moreover, Jungwoo was someone who he hated as a person.

Never did he expected that Jungwoo will help her.

"How can this even happen?", shaking his head in disbelief, he asked me.

"It's really true, he is the true--"

"Wait-- you two were alone. Are you cheating behind my back?"

"The fvck Taehyung! Stop jumping into nonsense conclusions! You've ruined my mood", glaring at the man who I was actually 'admiring' before, I tried to stomp out of the area, only to be held back by him again.