◈ Chapter 23 ◈

➳ 23 | A LITTLE FEELING?

╼ ╾

There is a such a time in your life, when you really don't have any idea what to do. You have to choose a way to walk on, yet you are unsure of what to select.

I sighed for almost the hundredth time today, looking out of the window and staring at the night sky.

I don't know why, but I couldn't sleep even if I tried to. Knowing that Taehyung was working in his office room at 1am while I was trying to peacefully sleep here, it didn't really helped.

So I just decided to wait for him. Maybe staring out the window will help? But no, it just made me think about things that I shouldn't be.

I should just go on with the flow right? Whatever happens, it will be for the good.

I sighed, being tired of waiting for him to return here. I finally decided to just take a peek on him if he was really working or not.

My mind told me that he was avoiding me for I-don't-know-why, maybe he just went to sleep in the guestroom with an excuse of working in the office.

However, with positive thoughts in my mind, I reached the office room, which nearly took me a couple of minutes to reach cause I got a little lost, considering it was way too dark.

The door was slightly opened, and I could clearly see that the light was on, which meant he was still there.

I tried to peep in the room and I nearly slipped and stumbled because of the mat infront of the door. I cursed at 'the mat' before diverting my attention back.

The way I was making noises, I was surprised Taehyung didn't noticed that a specific 'someone' came to pay him a dear visit.

I opened the door more before peeking inside and to my surprise, I found my husband sitting on the chair, eyes closed and lips a little agape.

He was sleeping.

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, before stepping inside cause there was no use of hiding now.

The way I was literally waiting for him since last two hours, and he was just sleeping here peacefully.

Humph.

There was really no point of waking him up, he was probably enjoying his beauty sleep and I wouldn't want to disturb it.

I was about to turn back when my eyes wandered over him the last time and I noticed him sweating.

The room was cold, even making me shiver at the coldness, but how was he even sweating?

That's when it hit me and I strided towards him, touching his forehead to see if he was having any sort of temperature. And yes, he was. He was burning hot.

I panicked for a while because I never encountered such situation before. I didn't knew what to do, whether wake him up or just bring a wet towel to cool him down.

Me being silly, didn't thought twice before holding his hand to wake him up from his sleep.

"Taehyung?! Wake up", He opened his eyes slowly, adjusting to the light.