Chapter 36

Y/N

When the clock struck 12, we were gathered in the living room at Jungkook's mansion. The kids and I started singing happy birthday to Jungkook and I brought out the cake from the fridge. 

"Birthday punches!" They shouted and started giving Jungkook 28 punches each.

"Hey! Ow!" Jungkook laughed. "That's 56 punches you know!" 

"Yea, but it doesn't mean you're 56 because it's separate punches." Ji Ae stuck out her tongue and continued counting until she got to 28. 

"Does it work that way?" Jungkook sighs when they finished and I placed the cake on the coffee table. 

"Make a wish." I smiled.

"I'm too old for that." He looks at me but closes his eyes for a few moments before blowing out the candles.

"What did you wish for daddy?" Jihyun asked and I removed the candles and cut up the cake. 

"I wished for our days to continue to be filled like this one." Jungkook stuck a finger into the cake icing and licked his fingers before I even cut up one slice of cake. I glared at him and he grins at me.

Ji Ae groans and hops off the couch. "Ugh why did you have to say it daddy! Now the wish won't come true!" 

"Stop jinxing us Ae! We all know that's just a superstition." Jihyun rolls his eyes.

"Who knows." I said jokingly and plopped a slice of cake onto a plate then handed it to Jungkook. "She maybe foreshadowing something there."

"You two are way too superstitious." Jungkook bit into his cake and I finished cutting a slice for the four of us. "Is it a girl thing?" The twins happily ate theirs and started grubbing into the other half of the entire cake.

"Stop being a sexist pig." I scoff. "You're better off being a muscle pig instead." 

"How about we go to a gym for our next date." He had a mischievous look on his face. "We can workout together. I can help you stretch and help you with your form. I'm a pro at squats, I can help you get the full workout."

My cheeks flushed at his response and I glanced at the kids. They had given up using forks and used their hands instead, now their hands are full of cake and icing was smeared on my daughters face. They both looked up at us innocently and unaware of our conversation.

"I-I just." I was speechless. "Stop saying these things in front of the kids!" 

"What?" Jungkook throws his head back and barks out a laugh. "We're just working out. Is your mind really that full of se-" 

I jumped on him and put my hands over his mouth. Jungkook put his arms around my waist and shifted me so I was straddling him. He licked my hand and I pulled away disgusted but he wouldn't let me go. 

"You shouldn't have jumped on me." He winked and turned to the kids who had inhaled the entire cake. I was amazed at how fast they're able to eat sweets. "Alright kids, go shower again. You're all dirty and you're not going to bed that way." They groaned and their eyes went back and forth between Jungkook and I. "Daddy just wants to talk with mommy. Go to bed." 

Ji Ae trudges to the bathroom, but Jihyun was slow and glares at Jungkook, giving him the I'm watching you look. I was proud of my little man, my big man not so much.

"Now..." Jungkook turns back to me once the kids were gone and we could hear the sound of water running. "Let's talk about my present." 

I snorted and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Taehyung told me that you're not big on presents, now you're suddenly demanding me for one?"