Chapter 51

Jungkook

"Mommy, did you arrive safely?" Ji Ae spoke to Y/N through the video call that she and the twins were doing.

Y/N and Taehyung had left for New York before sunrise today. The twins were going to stay with me until they returned a week later.

We had to get up at 4am to get to the airport so the kids could send them off. I was glad when I arrived at the airport and saw Chan with two other employees with their luggages. I had assumed that it was only going to be Y/N and Taehyung going to New York alone. It was a part of the plan that Taehyung had expertly hidden from me.

Y/N had given me a long list of things that the twins could and could not do as well as emergency contacts and all that if anything happened while she was gone.

I could see the stress in her eyes because I have never taken care of the twins alone before. It wasn't like the time when we had gone on the company trip to Japan where her mother had watched the kids for us.

Mrs. Kim will be spending most of her time at the hospital taking care of her husband after he had surgery a couple of days ago, she couldn't look after the kids and her husband at the same time.

Y/N had considered Ina and Hansol, but they already had Eunbi to take care of so she didn't want to impose. Avery would've been an option if Chan was also there to watch over the three of them, but sadly he was going on the trip as well and she could not be trusted to take care of the twins for a week.

The twins made it very clear out of spite that Y/N had even considered their neighbor and that I wasn't even her last resort.

"Yup, can you see Uncle Taehyung in the back?" I could image Y/N angling her phone to show Taehyung waiting at the luggage claim for his bags. "We've been waiting for nearly 45 minutes for his luggages to come out.

Taehyung was not a light packer. For each company trip we've ever had together, he could bring at least four bags for himself. I can't count the number of times we've been stuck at luggage check just because he had overpacked or brought someone that wasn't supposed to be in a carry on.

The twins were grinning and waving at the screen. "Hi, Uncle Taehyung."

I could faintly hear Taehyung's voice from the other side of the couch where I sat. "Oh there's the last one, I see it."

"Hurry up and grab it so we can leave! I'm sure that the others could have reached the hotel by now." Y/N responds.

I slightly leaned towards the twins -but kept our long distance- so I could see the screen. Taehyung pushed the luggage cart piled with bags and they started walking to the arrival gates.

"It's almost 9:30 in Korea right? It should be your bedtime soon." Y/N narrows her eyes at our kids. "Did you guys brush your teeth yet and shower?"

"Yup!" They nodded.

"And no sweets after dinner as well?"

"Yup!" Wait a minute-

I looked at my kids and they felt no remorse for telling me that Y/N would've allowed them to eat the cake that Mrs. Choi baked earlier this afternoon as a late night snack.

My daughter only sneaks me a cheeky grin then turns her attention back to the call.

"Jungkook." Y/N's voice snapped me out of my glower.Jihyun had turned the phone so the front camera and screen was facing me.

I cleared my throat. "Yes? What was that?"

"I was asking if anything happened to them today."

"Nothing eventful." I told her. "Mrs. Choi picked them up after school and they've been here since doing homework or watching Netflix."