Chapter 13

Jungkook

I poured more wine into my glass and looked out at the rest of the club separated from us by a red curtain.

"So what have you been up to all these years?" Taehyung grins.

"Traveling, working on our overseas companies." Jimin shrugs. 

"You were looking for Y/N." Taehyung adds earning a glare from Jimin. "What even happened between the two of you?"

I sat straighter turning my attention to them. I was interested in the story as well, I never heard much about what happened.

"I'm sure my mother happened." Jimin sighs and takes a sip from his wine. "You know how she is, she would never approve of Y/N. She probably offered her a place in Harvard and money."

"Y/N doesn't seem like the type who would just leave for money." Taehyung frowns. "There must've been something else."

"Maybe because she didn't want to be a burden." I muttered and they turned to me. "Remember what she said this morning? How she felt?"

Jimin stares at his glass and swirls it's contents.

"This morning? Y/N didn't come to work until this afternoon." 

"She slept over at his house." Jimin says grimly but I just ignored his words. Taehyung gawked at me and leaned over the table.

"Y/N slept at your house? How did that happen?" 

"We had a small company dinner, I needed to hand her some papers from home." I sighed explaining the situation. "The kids wanted to stay and I let them it's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal." Taehyung laughs. "If Sana heard about this she'll hunt Y/N down to the ends of the earth until she's dead and maybe even when she's in hell."

"By the way when are you two getting married?" Jimin cocks an eyebrow up. "You've been engaged for a few years now but there's still no news."

"I could say the same for you." I narrowed my eyes at him. "How's Rose?"

"She's fine. She's not returning to Korea for a few more weeks."

"I'm surprised that your mother isn't pushing you to get married earlier." 

"Hey can we stop talking about engagements." Taehyung whines. "I'm the only one single here."

Jimin and I both chuckle. "Then go find yourself a woman."

"Fine. I'll go fine one." Taehyung huffs and gets up, he walks out of our VIP room and joins the rest of the club.

I glanced back at Jimin who had a serious face on now. "When did you meet Y/N?"

"About a week or two ago." I placed my glass down. "We met at an amusement park, she was with her kids. I didn't expect her to apply at my company."

"Are you sure that's when you first met?" Jimin narrows his eyes. "Because how can Jihyun look exactly like you when you were younger?"

"A pure coincidence." I shrugged. "Maybe I have some twin or there's someone who looks like me."

"Quit joking Jungkook." He glares at me.

"I'm not." I glare back and look out of the curtains. "I've never met her before." 

There is a long silence between the two of us, we each continue to drink our wines until the whole bottle is empty.

"I think this is our cue to look for Taehyung." I stand up fixing my suit. Jimin nods and follows me out of the VIP room.

We search the club especially the bar for Taehyung but he was not in sight. I looked around and saw him dancing with two other girls. I rolled my eyes and walked towards him, I spun him around and he smiles widely.