Chapter 52

Jungkook

When we arrived home, there was a slight spring in Ji Ae's steps. It didn't take much to see that she was happy with how things ended at the school.

"Does this mean that we don't have to go to school anymore?" Ji Ae asks when she plopped down onto the couch and turned on the TV. "Are we homeschooled now? Can we just stay at home all day?"

"No." I put their backpacks onto the counter. My daughter may be happy, but I was still feeling the anger simmering within me. "It means that you aren't going to that school, but attend a new one."

"That's not necessary." Jihyun walks back into the living room from the kitchen. In his hands, he was carrying a first aid kit. "Mommy will wonder why we needed to transfer schools."

"Does Y/N not know what happens at school?" I raised my voice and the two of them didn't answer me. Of course she doesn't. The kids would never want Y/N to worry and with a school system like that, I doubt they would tell her that they are practically abusing her kids. "Then we'll just make up a very convincing lie."

"We can tell mommy that we are too smart for the school." Ji Ae suggests with a grin. Always the person to tell an unbelievable lie to make her look better than she may actually be.

Jihyun let out a sharp hiss and I looked to see that he poured too much antiseptic on his knuckles. His hand was soaked and he grinded his teeth together instead of letting out any more hint of pain.

"Why are you trying to bandage that yourself?" I questioned him. I knelt onto the ground and took a soft towel to wipe off the excess antiseptic. "Do you even know how to bandage your knuckles?"

"It can't be that hard." Jihyun mumbles and sets down the bottle.

I grabbed the bandages and examined his small hands. There were a few cuts and scrapes from punching Jungwoo and when he fell onto the ground. "Did you already rinse your hands?" He nodded his head and I grabbed the bandages since he already used more than enough antiseptic.

I bandaged his hands and the twins watched me curiously as I did.

"Where did you learn how to do that daddy?" Ji Ae drew closer and stared as I expertly bandaged Jihyun's hands. "Mommy just puts on a bandaid or wraps our entire hand when we scrape our hands."

The image of Y/N trying to wrap a bandage around Jihyun's hand to make it look like a huge ball came to my mind.

My lips curved upwards into a small smile and I cut off the rest of the bandage.

"I used to get into a lot of fights with Jimin and Taehyung when I was younger." I decided to tell them a story of my past before I went to study abroad. "It was just playful fights when one of us got petty, but each punch was a real blow. We would end up injuring each other more than we intended to. We would always bandage our own wounds before we returned home."

"Did daddy and uncle Taehyung and Jimin fight a lot?"

"More often than not, but it was also what made us so close." Within the past year, Taehyung, Jimin, and I have certainly fought more than we have in the last ten years. I looked at my kids who were listening intently. "Sometimes fighting can be good, but most times it's not unless you have a good purpose."

I grabbed some ointment and applied it onto Jihyun's bruised cheek. He scrunched up his nose when my fingers touched his now slightly purpled baby cheeks. I had always known that Jihyun looked exactly like my younger self, but after looking roughed up after that fight, there was no doubt that he took after me more than ever.