Chapter 47

Y/N

The four of us were sitting together, and Jihyun was answering a question that Jungkook had asked him related to school.

I sipped my wine and secretly glanced at Jungkook.

I didn't know what to feel about the situation. Don't get me wrong, I was happy that the twins were opening up to Jungkook again. However, I get the feeling that Jihyun was doing this more for me than for himself.

I don't want to force them to do something that they don't want to do and wish that they at least gave me a heads up on their plans so I could have been prepared.

The shocked look on my face when I saw him was highly embarrassing. I couldn't comprehend the situation and I'm sure that neither could Jungkook.

"So... Carmen's huh?" Jungkook's voice snapped me out of my long train of thought. He had a smug smile on his face that made me wish that my son hadn't invited him after all.

Jungkook was the one that introduced me to Carmen's. It was at one point during the company trip in Japan, we were eating wagyu steak and he told me that no other wagyu steak could be compared to the one at Carmen's.

In the past, we have mentioned going to the restaurant for our first real date night so I made reservations without his knowledge. If the past month had never happened, then tonight would've been just the two of us eating steak and sharing a bottle of wine.

"Mhm." I nodded and cut my steak into pieces without looking up at him. "Since I was given a special job offer, I decided that I had to try out the famed steaks myself."

"It's nearly impossible to get reservations at Carmen's in such a short period of time." He grabbed my plate and switched it out with his which had already been cut up. It was small things like these which made my heart flutter for him, and I really wish he hadn't. It would just make this separation harder. "I wonder how you were able to make it in such short notice."

Liar. I could see it in his eyes, he knew that I made reservations months ago.

"It just takes a call to make reservations." I casually shrugged. "But what about you Mr. Jeon? How are you able to make time for tonight? You did stop Taehyung from having dinner with us. I assumed that you were busy with the company and Sana or do you just not care anymore?"

I grabbed Jihyun's plate of uncut steak and switched our plates so he had Jungkook's cut up one. Jungkook frowned that I gave Jihyun the peace offering that he gave me, but he took it worse than I thought.

Did he expect a seven year old, who is his son, to cut up a single steak himself?

"Well as Taehyung said, I handle the business aspects and he handles the artistic ones. There was a problem where one of the employees had accidentally deleted a file that was going to be used for our newest ad and we couldn't recover it. Taehyung has to gather a team to do another photoshoot."

There was an awkward pause where none of us could say a word so I took a bite out of my steak. My eyes widened at the juiciness and texture then I failed to hold back a moan.

"Is it that good mommy?" Ji Ae questioned and took a bite when Jungkook had finished cutting up her steak. Her doe eyes turned wider and she danced in her seat.

Jihyun took a bite after seeing his twin's reaction. He tried to hold back his excitement, but I knew that he was dancing just as much as Ji Ae on the inside.

"What do you think?" I asked him.

"There is always something better." He blushed and looked away. What a conceited child.