Chapter 39

Y/N

"Daddy!" The twins ran towards Jungkook and hugged him. Jungkook smiles and bends down to hug them tightly. "We're sorry daddy!"

"What are you sorry for?" Jungkook straightens with the kids his arms so he was carrying one in each arm. "It's the natural response and you had the right to be angry." The kids clung onto Jungkook's neck tightly as if they would never let him go again.

"How is your face?" Jungkook eyes my cheeks for any hives left over from the makeup incident yesterday.

"I'm fine." I smiled and showed him my perfectly clear skin. "Avery dropped off this cream that did wonders."

"How did the paternity test go?" Taehyung asked.

We were currently at Taehyung's penthouse, he was kind enough to offer us a place where we could meet privately without the potential spread of more rumors. Jungkook had come over a few hours after the paternity test was done and dealing with reporters.

"It went better than I had expected." Jungkook joined Taehyung and I in the living room, sitting beside me while Taehyung sat in the opposite couch. "You know your date was the doctor."

"Date?" Confusion clouded my face then I turned to Taehyung and remembered. "Oh, Jennie. That girl was pretty."

"Just pretty? That's it?" Taehyung laughs.

"Well I would say she's nice but I don't know her well so it'll be lying." I crossed my arms and smiled, then it fell. "She was eyeing me pretty weirdly at the party though. I think that she was just jealous. Haven't you thought about dating her?" 

Taehyung shook his head and leaned back against his seat. "She was just a fling. She was only my date because we were acquaintances and I needed a date. There is nothing between us." Taehyung made his last sentence clear.

I let out a sigh. "Yea maybe. But you should consider dating." 

"Because all my friends are dating and I'm the only one single?" He gave me an unreadable look.

"Well no... Ok maybe, but you should give people a chance. How will you find the one if you're always hung on that mystery girl and won't meet anyone new?"

"Ok, fine. I'll ask her out on a date." I smiled and nodded then Taehyung got up from his seat. "I'll leave the two- er, four of you to it."

Taehyung goes into his room and Jungkook looks down at the twins. They were hiding their faces in his shirt and then Jungkook and I looked at each other and smiled.

"I didn't know that you two were babies." I teased. "You two are always complaining about how big you are. You even said that you would face daddy and hit him for making you angry."

"That was you mommy!" They both shouted at me and Jungkook gave me a surprised look. 

"You told them to hit me?" He said with fake hurt. 

"It's less than what you deserve." I pointed out.

Jihyun and Ji Ae start hitting Jungkook with their tiny fists and he pretends to be hurt bad each time. "Oh... ow! You got me there."

Ji Ae sat there proudly after she was done but Jihyun narrowed his eyes down at his father. "You're lying daddy. We know that they didn't really hurt, we were going easy on you."

"Y-yea... We went easy on you!" Ji Ae sputters, her cheeks turning red from lying and Jungkook laughs.

I sat there contempt watching my babies spend time with their father. I felt as if I would intrude on their first meeting in days so I stood up and wandered around Taehyung's house.