Chapter 42

Y/N

I was sitting in a cafe with two iced americanos in front of me.

In half an hour, I was supposed to meet Jungkook so I could end things, but first I wanted to meet with Avery. She walked into the cafe and I waved her over.

She took the seat in front of me and grabbed the ice americano. "Hey, what's up?"

I wasn't sure on how I should approach the topic. I didn't want to tell her my decision just yet, but I needed a moral boost.

"It's just about last night." I looked around the cafe to see if anybody was listening. This morning I learned that people were now aware of how I look, and not only me but the kids too. Due to this, I told them to stay at home, not that they wanted to go to school anyways. "You said that I should break up with him."

"And you should."

I frowned. "But what if I do break up with him and he did manage to fix everything?"

"Y/N, that still doesn't change the fact that he's going to have two new kids." Avery's jaw dropped at my question. "You know for a fact that he's going to ask you to raise them without even considering your feelings. It may be selfish and those kids probably deserve better but so do you."

"But they're his kids." I repeated the same conflicted question that I had. "I know the feeling of loving your unborn child. What it is like to have to choose between love and them. No matter how much I want to blame him, I can't."

"Y/N." Avery reaches out and grabs both of my hands. "I want to ask you a serious question and you have to answer honestly." I nodded my head and she let out a breath. "Are you really in love with Jungkook?"

I stared at her for a moment. "Why would you ask that? What do you mean?"

"Are you in love with Jungkook, or do you believe that you're under the presumption that you love him just because he's the kids father?"

I stared down at my hands that were on the table and frowned. "I love him." I love him don't I? What kind of question is this? "Why do you think I don't?"

"Well..." She cocked her head to the side. "I don't doubt that the two of you look like a couple and that he treated you right before all this happened, but when did you first realize you were in love with him?"

I thought back to the first time I had met him since I returned to Korea. It was at the amusement park and he was together with Sana. At that point I never really had a huge impression on him, until I found out that he was going to be my boss.

Ever since then, I had always thought of him as my boss. A boss who was kind to my kids. When did that all change?

My affection towards him grew the more he had spent with my children. Playing with them and filling in that hole they always carried with them.

Did I really fall for him, just because I loved seeing him treat my children right? Everything changed the day he told me that he was their father. But even so, everything we've done afterwards, it still must've been love right?

The time we spent in Japan without the kids. It had to be love.

The more I spent thinking about mine and Jungkook's relationship, the more conflicted I felt. Avery squeezes my hand and sadly smiles at me. "I didn't intend to make you confused or hate Mr. Jeon and everything. I just wanted you to know before you made your decision. What is your true answer? And you don't have to tell me."

"Thanks Avery." I nodded my head.

"No sweat." She smiles. "Just know that I'm always on your side."