Chapter 43

Y/N

After seeing my father at the hospital, I made my way back to Ina's room to see her progress. I passed by the main lobby and the OB department when my phone rang. I pulled it out of my purse and saw that Jungkook was calling me.

I was about to swipe answer but I heard someone call my name,

"Y/N." I turned around and saw Jungkook holding his phone against his ear and making his way towards me. He hung up and I put my phone back into my pockets. He stood in front of me and looked confused about why I was here.

When I looked at him, I couldn't help but think about what my father had told me.

Jungkook had paid for my father's medical bills behind my back, although it was for good intentions I wish he could've told me about it. I wonder what he told my father to get him to like him so much. My father wasn't the type to open up to people that easily and praise them.

Jungkook couldn't change the past and it certainly wasn't his fault about Sana. I looked up at the sign behind him. Jungkook had just come from the OB department. He couldn't change the past, but I wasn't sure if our futures were aligned either.

"Why are you here?" He asked me when I looked at the sign. "Did you know that I was...?"

"Yes, your secretary told me." I said. There was no point in trying to hide it. "But I'm here because Ina went into labor. I accompanied her here."

"Oh... Well then I hope that everything goes smoothly." Jungkook gives me a wary smile as if he was expecting me to demand why he ditched me for Sana. The beginnings of our relationship has always been uncertain, but this moment ranked first on our most awkward moments.

"Jungkook? Where are you?" Sana walked out of the doctors office and looked around for Jungkook. When she saw us she approached us with a smirk and placed her hand on her stomach. I tried not to look down at her hand and stared straight into her eyes. "Y/N, I didn't expect to see you here."

"A friend had gone into labor and I happened to be with her at the time." I glanced back to Jungkook. "I should really get going since your companion is done. I'm a busy person, I don't have a lot of time I can just spend on my schedule like you do."

Jungkook looked down at the ground after I referred to the fact that he ditched me and was a waste of my time. Sana on the other hand looked pleased that I was leaving then looped her arm with Jungkook's.

Jungkook had tensed and removed her arm as quickly as possible, but I had already been walking away.

I returned to Ina's room and Jennie had just walked out of the room while sanitizing her hands.

"How did the labor go?" I asked.

"Good, she gave birth to a healthy girl." Jennie smiled and glanced back into the room. "The mother will be slightly tired out, but just give her a few hours of rest."

"Thank you." I nodded, then paused. "You were the doctor who had done the paternity test for Jungkook and Sana right?" Jennie nodded her head and stared at me skeptically. "Is it possible that you can rerun the test again if there are leftover samples?"

"Are you implying that we have done something to mess up the results?" She narrows her eyes at me. "Y/N, I get that you may be upset about the results and may think I hate you for your close relationship with Taehyung, but I'm a doctor. Patients and ethics come first, not money."

"I'm not saying that it was you, but not everyone is ethical." I shook my head. "Sana will do whatever to mess with the tests. I just want to see the results from someone that I can trust."