˗ˋ 67

CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH IT'S EXPLAINED

. . .

Rosie trudged behind the Diggorys up to the Hospital Wing, trying not to get too close to them - she had the rather awful feeling that neither Amos nor Elora really liked her that much, especially not now.

They reached the room, and Madam Pomfrey had turned sickly pale as she saw them, listening as McGonagall relayed the message from Dumbledore. The school's nurse quickly followed through, creating a miniature ward for Cedric's body to lay in, sectioned off with some curtains. 

Fleur and Krum were in beds on practically opposite sides of the Hospital Wing, family members crowding around them, fussing over them. Elora and Amos were in ith Cedric, but Rosie remained the other side of the curtains, looking practically dead herself. 

Madam Pomfrey emerged from within the curtained off area, coming to a stop when she saw Rosie sat on the floor, back against the metal bed frame behind her. 

The woman frowned, sweeping her long red skirts behind her as she crouched down. "You look peaky. Are you sure you weren't in the task either?" the Pomfrey woman asked.

Rosie didn't answer, just stared blankly into space. But a shiver of goosebumps appeared down her bare arms, and the woman made a tutting noise. 

"Come on, let's get you into a bed. I'll find you some pepper-up potion and a jumper, dear." Madam Pomfrey was being much more gentle than usual, but she didn't seem as emotional as when they first brought Cedric in. 

Carefully, she helped Rosie to her feet, walking her slowly over to the bed behind her, pulling back the covers and settling her into it. Tucking her tightly into the covers, Madam Pomfrey bustled off, disappearing into her office and returning with several bottles and a school jumper. 

"Here." She placed one of the bottles on the side table and the jumper beside it. "I'll come and check on you in a moment, but for now, just try and relax." She watched as Rosie tilted her head downwards just slightly before walking away. 

It was a numb feeling, and on the outside Rosie seemed still, emotionless. But inside, her mind was racing. What was Dumbledore wanting to talk to her about, was she going to get expelled for making Cedric Felix Felicis? Where was Fred and George, or Bill, who had helped her feel less anxious. 

Which had been for something, after all. 

With the sound of clicking heels, McGonagall was stood by the entrance to the Hospital Wing, looking rather disgruntled and pale as well. Her eyes swept over the room, landing on Rosie and walking over. 

"Mrs Weasley and the rest of her family are outside. I thought I would let you know. However, they're not allowed in, for reasons I'm sure you understand." McGonagall said, holding out a bottle. "They said you might need this." 

"Thank you." Rosie mumbled, taking the bottle. Behind McGonagall, Professor Sprout had entered and disappeared behind the curtains.

"You wouldn't happen to know where Potter has been taken to?" McGonagall asked looking around the Hospital Wing. "I'm sure that he will be needing some medical assitance."