˗ˋ 21

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE 

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH SHE GETS A BADGE

. . .

"Booklists have arrived!" Shouts came from Harry and Ron's room and Rosie entered 12 Grimmauld Place. She had just been to St. Mungos on her second to last visit, quite early in the morning, before returning to Hogwarts, and she was surprised to find that Cedric had improved quite a bit since her previous visit. 

"Hold on!" Rosie shouted back as Mrs Black began to scream from her painting, the Kersey girl sighing before pulling out her wand and flicking it at the portrait, pulling the curtains closed on her. 

"Rosie, how are you." Molly appeared from the kitchen with a smile on her face. "I trust everything is fine at the Hospital?" She waited for the girl to nod. "Booklists have arrive, so when you've opened them, give them to me along with anything you might need for the holidays - I'm going to Diagon Alley to buy whatever is needed soon. Ron made prefect - can you believe it!"

"He did? Really? That's amazing. And of course, thank you Mrs Weasley. And Cedric showed some improvement, which is good." Rosie smiled as the woman celebrated for her, being pushed towards the stairs after a moment.

She climbed up to Harry and Ron's room, pushing the door open to see everyone crowded around the latter, who was holding a badge in his palm.

"Can you believe it Rosie?" Fred asked, shock evident in his expression. "Ron got prefect! Imagine that. Him and Hermione.. can't believe it wasn't Harry."

"Thought Dumbledore was bound to pick him." George shook his head. "Here, dunno why he felt the need to send so many when there's all of us here. The only knew book on there is Defensive Magical Theory, by Wilbert Slinkhard."

"Slinkhard?" Rosie repeated, moving forward and pulling her bag off of her shoulder and dumping iit on the floor before taking her envelope. "I saw his book when I.. the other day." She stopped herself from telling the younger group that she had seen it when she had visit Diagon Alley. "It looks like a load of bullshit."

"I bet." Fred shook his head. "'Defensive Magical Theory' what's that supposed to be? I don't think I ever want to meet that idiot who chose that book."

"Congrats Ron, by the way." The Kersey girl looked down at her letter. "Don't go turning into Percy." A small noise of acknowledgement confirmed that he wouldn't.

Rosie shrugged, tugging her envelope open after loosening the flap with her nail. The wax seal came away easily after that, and the Kersey girl was rather surprised to find that there wasn't one, but two letters in there. 

Taking out the first one, she quickly tossed it aside as she saw it was just the booklist. Then, she turned to the second letter, and a gasp brought the attention back to her. "No fucking way." She exclaimed, not even caring that she had heard Mrs Weasley bustling around outside. 

"What?" George asked. "Please don't tell me they made you head girl. That is quite possibly the worst decision Dumbledore has every made." 

"Not head girl." Rosie grinned, it turning into a smirk within seconds as she opened the envelope a little more and tipped it upside down. A silver badge tumbled onto her palm, certain parts painted red and gold and a elaborate, gothic 'C' sat in the centre, her house written in a banner across the top with a lion over it, and the description of her newly appointed position on a second one beneath the 'C'. "Quidditch Captain."

Fred and George's jaws dropped, rushing over to her side to see if it was real, Fred snatching the letter and George peering at the badge. "No way." Fred breathed. "How could they make you the captain - and not one of us."

"And she's the one who illegally helped Cedric Diggory live!" George continued, and Rosie feared for just a moment that they were really not happy with it. But seconds later and they turned to her with smiles on their faces as they hugged her.

"We couldn't ask for a better captain." Fred nodded. "Now, we should really go tell Mum and see what reaction she has to you getting it. I remember when she found out Charlie was captain. And your dad."

"He's at the Ministry today." Rosie replied. "But I'll tell him later. And what's this about your mum? Why would she react anything like how she did with Charlie."

"You've practically been her second daughter since we brought you home that first holiday." George shrugged. "Now come on - I feel like this is going to be fun." 

And with that, the three of them apparated out of Ron and Harry's room, appearing in the kitchen below. It caused Mrs Weasley to jump into her usual speech about not apparating everywhere, but her voice died in her throat as she saw the badge, instantly changing to congratulate the Kersey girl.

It seemed, despite the circumstances to her being there, Rosie had settled into Grimmauld Place very well. And now, it was time for her to return to her favourite place for one last year.