˗ˋ 24

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THE TRAIN LEAVES THE STATION

. . .

Rosie had never walked so fast, clutching the suitcase in her right hand as she followed Remus Lupin and her father through London. Ginny was having a similar time to what she was, but Fred and George were striding along as if this was some form of leisurely stroll - their long legs were swinging them along with ease.

They were all taking seperate ways to the station, and the way that Lupin and Luke had decided to take them was particularily long. And so, several tube station rides later and Rosie and the twins whining about how they could have apparated, they arrived at the main entrance of Kings Cross Station. 

"Alright, Ginny, Rosie you stick with me." Luke said. "Fred, George make sure you stay with Remus and we all need to stay together. Kings Cross is very busy, and we need to get through to the platform with no trouble."

They all agreed, and they began to weave their way through the crowds of muggles in the station, passing through the barrier onto the platform. Already, Mrs and Mr Weasley were there, as were Tonks, Mad-Eye, Ron, Hermione and Harry - as well as Sirius in the lolloping black dog version of himself.

"No trouble?" Mad-Eye growled as they approached, Lupin shaking his head briefly. "I'll still be reporting Sturgis to Dumbledore." The auror continued. "That's the second time he's not turned up in a week. Getting as unreliable as Mundungus."

"Well, look after yourselves." Lupin said, shaking hands all round. He moved past the Kersey girl and reached Harry, giving him a clap on the shoulder. "You too, Harry. Be careful. Rosie - just a word?"

The girl nodded and ignoring the looks that Fred and George threw at her - no doubt about their initial horror at her altering such a touch potion such as Wolfsbane. The others stared as well, but then again, he was her godfather and it wasn't too surprising that he wanted to talk to her.

Luke had been talking to Mr Weasley, but broke off and watched his daughter follow her former professor, then seeing the group staring at him. "It'll be potion-related, no doubt." In all honesty, Mr Kersey was incredibly proud of his daughter's abilities and would take every chance he could to show them off - he talked about the Felix Felicis for days when they first came to Grimmauld Place.

"Rosie, I understand that it may be difficult for you to do this.. considering it is your N.E.W.Ts year and things at Hogwarts aren't going to be the same.." Remus continued, and as Rosie's concentration wavered she saw just how many people were staring. "Rosie?"

"Sorry.. I.." Her throat was dry and she swallowed harshly as she turned back to her former teacher. "What were you saying?"

"It'll get easier, the people staring." Remus began once more, having seen her reaction and seeing just how busy the area of platform was and tugged her over to one of the columns, lowering his voice even further. "If it's possible.. would you be able to make more Wolfsbane? The one with the mint and rose petals worked well." 

"Oh - I would love to!" Rosie grinned. "It's a tough thing to write about.. never know who could be reading them."

"You and Sirius are far too similar." Remus shook his head, although his smile had something of fondness in. "But you're right, the ministry is far too suspicious for it to be written in lyrics. How about you write ahead about your Hogsmeade dates and I pick it up?" 

"Good idea, I'll just address it to Grimmauld Place?" Rosie asked, just as a puff of festival spread over the platform. Lupin nodded.

"Remus! Remus let Rosie come back over here!" Mrs Weasley was worrying, and with a hasty smile Lupin pulled Rosie back over to the group, where she began to hug the girl and straighten out her collar. Mr Kersey eveloped her in a hug and the twins pulled her over the train door. 

They just about managed to get through the door and slam it as the train pulled out, Sirius in his dog form bounding along the platform, the figures of Tonks, Lupin, Mr Kersey, Moody, and Mr and Mrs Weasley shrinking. And as they flew past the last corner of the platform, Sirius disappeared from sight.

And just like that, they were on their way to Hogwarts once more.