˗ˋ 32

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH PEOPLE
ARE UNEXPECTED

. . .

Rosie, as glad as she was to be back at Hogwarts, despised the fact she was now expected to get up early. She couldn't quite deem it fair that the very day before she was at the leisure to get up whenever she pleased, and now the clock on Alicia's bedside table was ringing in her ears.

Just thinking about it didn't manage to turn it off, and Rosie's hand escaped from under her scarlet-coloured duvet, groping around to try and find her wand. Eventually her fingers enclosed around it and she jabbed it in thd direction of the noise. 

A squeal was heard and Rosie forced herself upwards, crossing her legs under her and her eyes opened pushing her duvet off of her further. Blinking blearily in the light, she fought to stop herself from closing them and looked around, seeing Angelina and Lauren - one of the other girls that shared their dorm - hurriedly stomping down on a towel.

"Really, you've got to get that problem with the clock under control." Lauren shook her head when she saw that Rosie had sat up, picking up the now rather singed pink towel with the end of her wand. "This is the fifth towel you ruined this way in two years."

"Just be glad it isn't five in a single year." Now Rosie was awake and she slid out of bed, picking up the pile of folded uniform and making her way over to the bathroom. The door was closed, but no water was running inside - meaning that whoever was in there would be finished soon. 

She really hoped it was Alicia.

But alas, it wasn't, and the door clicked open to reveal Patricia, the fifth and final member of the dorm who had the most distasteful look on her face when she saw Rosie, and had the Kersey girl been the one coming out of the bathroom and Patricia going in, she was rather sure that the seventh year would have slammed the door behind her.

She knew it was inevitable that some people at Hogwarts were going to treat her with the same distaste that faced Harry after all of the Daily Prophet articles and everyone and their mother trying to dash the announcement that Voldemort had returned, but Rosie had never expected one of them to be a girl she had known her entire life at Hogwarts - someone who she had slept in the same room as for just as long as she had known Fred and George. 

The revelation that one of Rosie's friends from the very moment she stepped into Hogwarts now very much considered her otherwise had came about last night, in what could only be called one of the sneakiest ways to be confrontational.

After making their way up to the Common Room, Fred and George had split off to go find Lee in their dorm, whilst Angelina and Rosie had reunited and continued up to theirs. There, they found Lauren and Alicia waiting to hear every little detail about Cedric, and so, Rosie had told them.

Patricia came in some time later, replying to Alicia, Lauren and Angelina's greetings with a wave and a smile but only scoffing and rolling her eyes when Rosie went to say hello. This then prompted Angelina to instantly stand up and ask her what the hell she was doing, which led them all finding out about what Patricia really thought about Rosie, Cedric and the rest of the situation.

It wasn't pretty, but had ended up with Patricia not speaking to anyone for the rest of the night, not that anyone really wanted to speak to her anyway. 

And it seemed to be the same situation the next morning, and Rosie had no choice but to ignore her as well. There was no point trying to explain something to someone who refused to listen, and so instead she just got changed, getting her stuff together and joining Lauren in walking down to the hall.

"Kersey! Hey - you wait right there." Fred's voice echoed down the hallway as the two girls exited the Common Room and began to make their way downstairs, coming to a stop. "I've forgotten how to do my tie, help me?"

"I'll leave you two to.. do that?" Lauren looked confused at Fred's words but smiled at Rosie, spotting her younger sister in a group a little further on. 

"How can you forget?" Rosie shook her head, standing up on her tiptoes and beginning to do up the red and gold striped material, tightening it and finally letting go. "There. Now, where's your twin? Or have you abandoned him?"

"Actually, he's waiting down in the Entrance Hall." Fred looked a little uneasy as they began walking down, and the girl was trying to figure out why without actually asking - because it was either something she really didn't need to know or something obvious like he was trying to prank her.

"If you've convinced Peeves to help you throw swamp-water balloons at me then I'm going to bat-bogey hex you." Rosie threatened. "And I'm being serious - I've had a shitty night."

"No, it's not that." Fred confirmed. "But why have you had a bad night." He listened, still looking apprehensive as he heard about Patricia. "Wow... I wouldn't have expected her to do that." 

"Yeah, me neither." Rosie descended down the long marble stairs down into the Entrance Hall, eyes darting around to find George before her eyes landed on someone and something in the pit of her stomach dropped.

"Healer Strout?"