˗ˋ 30

CHAPTER THIRTY

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY GET READY

. . .

Rosie had disappeared at around five pm that night, leaving the twins out in the snow with the younger Gryffindor boys. Rosie had invited Hermione to come and get ready with her and Angelina, as the fourth year had asked Rosie for tips. 

"Your dress is gorgeous." Angelina gasped as Hermione stepped out of their bathroom. It was a periwinkle blue dress, a bodice of silk, and blue frills and curls of fabric cascading down the skirt. 

"Thank you." Hermione blushed, moving around slightly in the mirror, the skirt following her movement in a satisfying swirl. "But my hair." The girl's smile turned to a frown, as she examined her frizzy hair. 

"This is where this comes in. Harry's grandfather was a potioneer - you probably know already. But the reason why Harry is rich is because he created this." Rosie pulled out a small bottle, which had a green, purple and orange label on the front. "Sleekeazy's hair potion." 

Rosie gently steered Hermione down into a chair facing away from the mirror, and as Angelina began doing the girl's makeup. She applied only two drops of the potion to Hermione's hair, reducing it to a sleek look within minutes. 

Using her wand to perfect the curls the potion had created, Rosie gently placed her hands of Hermione's shoulders, leaning down to face her a little bit. "So who's your date?" She asked, and Hermione sighed, a pink blush appearing. 

"Shouldn't you be getting ready?" Hermione replied, and Rosie shrugged - the Kersey girl was still in her pajamas, but she was sure that she wouldn't take too long to get ready. 

"Please Hermione, I've been desperate to know who you've going with for weeks. I assumed you would go with Harry or something, but then I heard he was going to ask Cho Chang, which wasn't going to happen." Rosie rolled her eyes, and Hermione tilted her head slightly.

"What's wrong with Cho Chang?" The muggleborn girl asked, confused. Rosie fell silent, and Angelina laughed, gently tapping Hermione's cheek, signalling for the girl to close her eyes. 

"Rosie has a crush on Cedric Diggory." Angelina started, and Rosie spluttered.

"I do not, we're just friends. It's not because I have a crush on Cedric it's because Cho is.. how do I say this nicely.. a tiny bit of a bitch." Rosie shrugged, and wide-eyed, Hermione listened to the gossip. 

"Yet you encouraged Cedric to go with her, after what she said to you - causing you and Cedric to fall out?" Angelina looked skeptical, before standing away from Hermione. "Now tell us your date?" She asked, hopeful. 

"Me and Cedric made up and I encouraged Cedric to not ditch her because otherwise she would spread rumours about him. Besides, he's cutting her off after the ball." Rosie shrugged, and looked down to Hermione, just as hopeful. "Please?"

"Fine.." Hermione sighed, looking up at the girls. "It's Viktor Krum." She admitted, and both Angelina and Rosie fell silent, jaws dropped. 

"No way." Rosie said, looking between Hermione and Angelina. "Hold on, I need to process this." Rosie took her box and disappeared into the bathroom. "What is he like? He seems so.. cold?" She shouted, from inside the bathroom, along with a yelp. "Shit-" They could hear the girl mutter, and Hermione giggled. 

"He's actually quite nice." The girl mused. "I think once you get into the hang of speaking quite slowly and trying to translate things then he seems a little less sharp." She nodded to herself, both Angelina and herself turning to the bathroom door clicked open. 

Rosie's dress had a little more weight on the skirt, a tulle skirt over the petticoats and silk undress. The bodice had a lot more shape to it - and Angelina suspected there was a corset involved. It had a sweetheart neckline, and the sleeves were slips of material that looped around the middle of Rosie's upper arm.

The whole thing seemed to be like the sea - a deep blue material that seemed to shift into green in certain lights, with a iridescent quality to it. The neckline had a variety of additions, golden leaves, a few strands of silver, floaty pieces of a lighter green-blue tulle, and a line of pearls across the neckline.

"It's so pretty." Angelina murmured - she was wearing a dress of deep purple velvet, which complimented her perfectly. "Is it from the family near the water?" She asked, and Hermione glanced at her, confused at the wording. 

"I guess they saw it as an extra chance to spoil me?" Rosie smiled, admiring the dress, lifting the skirt slightly to show off the heels, which caused Rosie to appear just a bit taller. Still a dark shade of green, a circle of pearls around her ankle, and chains of pearl hanging in short loops. 

"We have around quarter of an hour to do your hair and makeup." Angelina frowned, reaching for the small boxes that Rosie had recieved for her birthday. "We have pearls for your hair and seashell hair clips." 

"I was thinking maybe just the pearls? I'll put a little of the potion in and brush it through - would you mind plaiting tiny strands throughout it? Hermione, could you do the pearls and I do my makeup?" Rosie said, the girls agreeing and getting to work instantly. 

They were ready just on time, and carefully, they left the dorm. "Oh Merlin - oh shit, fuck, fuck I'm gonna fall." Rosie said, stumbling only once on a step, and chorus of laughter could be heard from at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Very ladylike, Rosie." Fred's voice said, and Rosie rolled her eyes, taking Angelina's hand and gripping it tightly. The girls had stuffed anything they would need into Hermione's small bag - knowing both of the older Gryffindors, they would loose anything in seconds. 

"What was that?" Rosie asked, as she stepped out of the staircase archway, moving her hair out of her eyes. Neither Fred, nor George gave her an answer, simply staring at the two girls in front of them. 

Fred seemed to be having a rather hard time, eyes wide and ears pink as he stared at Rosie. A swift jab from his brother kicked him into action, and he walked over to her, offering his arm. 

"Care to join me?" He asked, rather seriously for once. Giggling, Rosie took his arm, and walked out of the common room with him, hoping for what could be a fun night. 

But that could only be chosen by other people.