˗ˋ 23

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH SUITCASES FLY

. . .

The rest of the party had seen Rosie, Fred and George spend most of it in their room, one of them slipping down to retrieve snacks and more butterbeer so that nobody got suspicious and they didn't get peckish or thirsty as they began to incorporate the Venomous Tentacula seeds into the Skiving Snackboxes.

After some time, working well into the late evening with the sole distraction of Molly's brush with the boggart, the twins and Rosie had finally combined them correctly, and after each of them had eaten one half of the sweets to make them come down with a particular illness, they could all remain calm and well enough to swallow the part that fixed them up.

The three of them had passed out early that following morning in various positions across the room upon the final sucessful trial. The next morning they had been woken by Ron, who eyed all of the products, ingredients and equipment warily before telling them that breakfast was ready.

It was the final day of their holidays, and not one of the three could afford to hang around, quickly beginning to clean up before getting dressed and sliding downstairs to begin the day.

That night before Rosie returned to Hogwarts was not a restful one. Her final visit to Cedric had been earlier that day, and whilst he was showing signs of improvement, it was clear that it would still be a while before he fully woke up. She could only hope that it wasn't too long, because if it was - well she might just go insane.

Instead of sleeping, she had spent the night carefully planning out pranks with Fred and George in hushed voices, as well as planning how they were going to begin selling the products. She had spent a good hour or so packing away her potions and their ingredients, casting a charm onto a small suitcase that made the inside endless so that they could fit it all in.

She got a couple of hours here and there, but found herself sitting by the window as the sun began to rise, holding her Captain badge between her thumb and forefinger, twisting it and watching it glint in the light.

Rosie had seen this exact badge - but in the colours and styling of Hufflepuff - so many times that previous year. With the Quidditch Cup not going ahead due to the Triwizard Tournament, Cedric had taken to pinning the badge onto his bag instead.

She would never have imagined that she would be going into her final year with the boy she loved in a coma, having been almost killed by the very last person you would expect - someone who shouldn't even be alive at all.

Her peace and quiet was soon interrupted by Mrs Weasley pushing the door open to the wake them, smiling when she saw Rosie. "I'll leave you to it - make sure everyone is up and downstairs for ten, alright? We have to go to King's Cross a little different this year." The woman glanced at each twin, gaze brushing over the rather large amount of assorted bags and boxes which Rosie was yet to put in the much magically extended suitcase. "There's breakfast on the table." 

Rosie had a distinct feeling that Mrs Weasley was stopping herself from asking why they had so much stuff - actually already knowing that it was something to do with their business but following her scare with the boggart (which displayed the dead bodies of all her children) and the fact they were going back to Hogwarts that day, Molly wasn't going to comment on it.

The Kersey girl quickly woke up Fred and George, and within no time at all they had dressed, slipped downstairs for a quick breakfast of jam on toast and managed to pack everything into the extended suitcase. 

"Whose case do you reckon could make it down their quickest?" Fred asked as they dragged their Hogwarts trunks into the hallway. "Two knuts it's mine."

"You're on." Rosie nodded, George also agreeing and raising his wand. "But I'm carrying the business suitcase okay? I've magically locked it so we can only open it but I'm not sure how stable the inside is."

"That's fine.. better safe then sorry." George grinned. "You ready? Three... two.. one." 

The suitcases sped off at a speed that should be physically impossible for things of that size and wait, the three teenagers practically falling over each other as they followed them down. "Hi Harry!" Rosie grinned as they flew past his doorway, the three coming to a screeching halt as they saw the cases hit Ginny, who bounced down the last staircase. "Oh sugar." She swore, following the twins down meekly.

"— COULD HAVE DONE HER A SERIOUS INJURY, YOUIDIOTS —" Amongst all the shouting from Mrs Black's portrait, Rosie barely heard anything of what Mrs Weasley was saying, instead glancing over at her father, who only shook his head and looked disappointed - and such an expression from a man like Luke Kersey was a punishment in itself.

When Mrs Weasley's shouting came to an end, the three of them were trying desperately hard not to laugh, slipping away to retrieve their suitcases and apologise to Ginny, who had been patched up by her mother. 

"You four are we me and Remus. Mad-Eye is taking care of the luggage." Mr Kersey appeared by his daughter's shoulder, a large calloused hand setting there. "No more trouble, okay?" His gaze fixated on the twins and Rosie, Ginny smirking and avoiding her brothers' gazes. "Rosie - you leaving that case?"

"I think I'll take it.." Rosie was clutching the handles of the smaller suitcase so tightly that her knuckles turned white. "It's got.. breakables in." Luke had learned not to question her on these things, and didn't insist on it.

And when Lupin appeared, the four teenagers set off for Kings Cross, finally ready for their final year to begin once again. Truly, they had no idea what it would hold for them.

a/n
just a warning that when
he does wake up hes not going
to be suddenly fine there
is going to be recovery time n shit