˗ˋ 29

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH ITS CHRISTMAS DAY

. . .

Just like the multiple nights before, Rosie had been sleeping in the twins room, as has Angelina - but only for the night before. Lee Jordan had needed to go home, as had their other two roommates. 

"Get up you lazy lumps." This time, it was Rosie saying the words, as she woke up rather early that morning, despite her preference for sleeping in. "It's Christmas day!" She half-yelled, jumping up from her bed and practically bouncing around the room. 

"God, Rosie, how can you have so much energy." George threw a pillow in the direction of the girl, but because of her constant movement, it ended up hitting Angelina. 

With an indignant yell from the girl, everyone but Fred was awake, and glancing at George, Rosie nodded, before practically jumping on the boy. 

"What the hell?" Fred whined, as the sudden movement and pain woke him. Sitting on his torso, Rosie peered over him, smiling. "Merlin's balls, that's creepy." Fred swore and pushed Rosie off of him, the girl tumbling to the floor.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Rosie grumbled, getting up from the floor. "Presents." She shouted, the energy and smile back and Fred shook his head, letting the girl sit at the end of his bed and tie back the curtains that surrounded his bed, George and Angelina doing the same for his. 

Their presents were in a rather large jumbled pile by the fire place - they guessed it was due to the four of them being from mixed dorms. Rosie took it upon herself to sort through them, and after a few noises of something breaking as she threw them to people, they had a good sized pile on each of their beds. 

Sitting cross-legged on the red duvet, Rosie began unwrapping her presents, marvelling at each one. She got a variety of things made by her mermaid relatives - various pretty shells attached to hair pins, and a mirror surrounded by mystical, smooth sea glass. 

From a note attached to the dress, Rosie had found out that it was made by her aunt and grandmother, with the help of the mother who had picked out the colours, material and shoes. 

In another parcel, was a comb made out of old coral, that had been magicked to look alive. And in another, a box of individually wrapped pearls, that had tiny holes drilled into them - and a note informing her that she could wear them in her hair. 

Rosie tended to be spoilt by her water-borne relatives, as was proven by the large pile of sea themed gifts, and the several she still had to go. Her cousin had made her a pair of dark green fishnets - made out of a type of extremely thin seaweed, and her uncle had gone to the work of putting together the mirror and comb - her aunt also having made her a small jacket. 

"Gosh Rosie, they must like you." George commented, as he eyed the pile. Both the twins had found out early on about Rosie's mermaid genes, and since then, Rosie had been sharing a few of her many gifts from her underwater family. 

"I don't have anything you can borrow, unfortunately. It's mostly ball related stuff." Rosie's eyes flickered over to Fred, who winked at her in return. Rosie and the twins had decided not to get gifts for each other that year - the money that could have gone to that instead going to to the twins' business.