˗ˋ 43

CHAPTER FORTY THREE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THE VISIT COMES
TO AN END

. . .

Rosie would be picked up by Professor McGonagall, who didn't seem much in the mood for talking prior to knocking on the door of the Diggory household and informing Elora that she was needed back for dinner and before she was noticed as missing - the current policy on leaving the school had to be revised and, well, certain people would be interested in finding out that Cedric Diggory was in fact alive. 

Elora and Minerva had known each other for some time, and the professor accepted a cup of tea as she waited for Rosie to finish speaking to Cedric, speaking in low voices in the kitchen with the door ajar so they had a view of the two teenagers in the conservatory. There didn't seem to be much other topic to discuss other than the current situation the Diggorys were in, and although something within the mother wished to have her husband present as they talked of what they could do, it simply wasn't feasible and as she offered the teacher ginger biscuits, questions began to slip out.

"Has Albus been informed of the situation?" 

"Yes. Amos told him first, who then passed the information onto myself." McGonagall replied. "We thought it necessary to divulge the information to Rosie, for obvious reasons, and Professor Sprout. Rosie is a clever girl, and she won't have shared it with anyone other than the Weasley twins and perhaps Harry Potter too, which extends it to Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley too. You'll be pleased to know the six of them combined have kept more secrets for each other than most of the student body combined."

"No, no, I hold no qualms of her informing her friends and those who need to know." Elora shook her head. "I trust that she understands that should the information fall into the wrong hands..." There wasn't much else she could say; it wasn't known what it would do if it did fall into the wrong hands. "I trust Rosie. She's done far too much for Cedric for me not to do so."

"Good." Minerva nodded. She herself had informed the rest of the Order of the Phoenix, who were all sworn to secrecy, and there seemed to be a web of secrecy forming around those who did know that Cedric Diggory was alive, well and awake. "Have you and Amos had any further thoughts on what could be done to rouse his memory?"  

"I..." Elora had to admit, it was something of a tense subject between herself and her husband - not because they had argued it but simply because of the topic at hand. "It hasn't been decided yet if we really wish to do so." 

"I see." McGonagall said shortly. She could understand that, she supposed; the Diggorys had only just gotten their son back and it would be a tough call to whether or not they could safely expose Cedric to what had fully happened to him past what he already knew (which was truly nothing but the basics). On the other hand, it really would aid herself and many others in revealling the truth about Voldemort as quickly as possible, before he revealed himself and the world they lived in was completely unprepared. 

"There has been some ideas though." Elora reassured her, seeing the brief flicker of something in Minerva's eyes. "We think it would be beneficial for Cedric to see other places he is familiar with. Which would include Hogwarts, if that is at all possible."

"I'm sure Rosie would enjoy that. And I too believe it would be beneficial to him, I shall talk to Albus and write back to you with answers." Minerva promised, finishing the last of her tea and allowing her eyes to land on the open door to the conservatory. "Should Miss Kersey be allowed to visit again?"

"Of course - Rosie visiting is a priority." Elora nodded. "And I certainly wouldn't stop her - she's helped so much it wouldn't be too gracious of us to deny her." She added.

"Not to mention the relationship between herself and Cedric." McGonagall hummed, deciding to treat herself and take another ginger biscuit. "Being around family will no doubt revive some memories, but other loved ones will certainly help."

"Oh." Elora looked almost confused. 

"Oh?" McGonagall watched the expression of the woman, curious to what it could hold. 

"I wasn't aware feelings between them ran that deep." Mrs Diggory replied. "I was aware that Cedric and Cho had broken up... but not so much that he had feelings elsewhere."

"Elora, you once prided yourself in your smarts. You cannot tell me you believed that Rosie and Cedric spent so much time together last year and certain... feelings were not involved? There is a reason why she is here."

"Yes, I know there is." Mrs Diggory looked conflicted, eyes dragging between the two in the conservatory and the woman beside her. "I have to talk to Amos, Minerva, before any more decisions can be made. But Rosie is welcome back any time." 

"Good. It should only help Cedric recover." Minerva stood from where she had been leaning, offering a smile and a curt pat on the shoulder as she passed towards the conservatory once more, where Rosie had been exchanging her goodbyes with Cedric before standing to leave.

And as the two women disapparated from the doorstep of the Diggorys' home, only a sullen, unreadable expression would show across Rosie's face.