˗ˋ 17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE FIRST TASK IS REVEALED

. . .

"Good morning." A voice said, and Rosie looked up from her cereal, to see Cedric stood in front of her, arms clutching his bag. "Can we talk?" He asked.

"Cedric, people are staring." Rosie said, taking another spoonful of cereal. "This is like the Three Broomsticks all over again."

"It's important." Cedric said, and Rosie met his eyes, and frowned, seeing that he really did look like something was bothering him.

"Yeah.. sure." Rosie climbed out of her seat, gathering up her bags and pulling up her knee-socks. Taking a slice of toast, she followed Cedric out of the hall, ignoring the stares they got.

The pair kept walking, down the corridor that they needed to go to anyways - they had a shared class of Charms next. But before they reached the door to Charms, Cedric pulled her down a seperate corridor, and into an empty classroom.

"If Fred or George see us then you better explain to them that we're not making out in here." Rosie said pointedly, crossing her arms as she sat on the teacher's desk, legs swinging.

"What?" Cedric asked, and when Rosie glanced at him, she saw a shade of pink dusted across his cheeks, which he was obviously trying to hide as he messed up his hair.

"Doesn't matter." Rosie shook her head. If either of the twins - or Lee - saw Cedric and Rosie leaving the very empty classroom, she would somehow have to explain that she was not in a relationship with the so-called enemy.

"Harry just told me the first task is dragons." Cedric announced, and Rosie's jaw dropped, not believing what she had heard.

"Making out seems a whole lot better now." She mumbled, hoping Cedric didn't hear it ( he did, he just pretended not to and forced himself not to blush ).

"The task is so soon. Merlin, how did Harry find out?" Rosie asked, Cedric only shrugged, shaking his head. "How.. What are they doing with dragons?"

"Well we can't fight it, that's against the law.. I'm guessing something to do with getting past it. Like it's guarding something." Cedric told her, and Rosie nodded.

"I'll go to the library at lunch. You can meet me there if you like - or we can just meet up in the usual place." Rosie offered and Cedric nodded, considering it.

"We should go to Charms." Cedric said. "I'll think about it, maybe I'll come at lunch. I have a free period after lunch as well, so I could get in some extra practise of what you've already taught me."

"Bombarda Maxima and Alarte Ascendore may be best - of we've done so far. You're good at Transfiguration right?" Rosie checked, taking out one of her muggle pens and clicking the top, Cedric watching her curiously.

"Yeah... I'd say so. I got an E in it." Cedric told her, and Rosie nodded, making notes on her hand. "We should go right?" He said, and Rosie slipped of the desk, still writing on her hand.

Smiling and shaking his head slightly, Cedric took Rosie's bag, and they walked together to Charms, entering the room. "Here." Cedric passed Rosie her bag, and smiling, she took it, walking over to her seat next to Angelina.

"So what classroom was it this time?" George leaned over the gap in the seats, flicking Rosie on the back of her head, as he was a row above her.

"Like I've told you multiple times, me and Cedric aren't disappearing to go snog in some dark corner. Besides, even if we were, I don't suppose dark corners are really Cedric's style." Rosie smirked slightly, and George looked slightly taken aback.

"What were you doing then?" Fred asked, Rosie rolled her eyes, not even bothering to look back at him, instead deciding to glance over to Cedric, who seemed to be looking at her as well.

Quickly averting her eyes, Rosie played with the ends of her sleeves, eventually pulling them over her hands. "We were just talking about the First Task, like we always do."

"As if we believe that." Lee chimes in, as Professor Flitwick climbed up onto his podium, waiting for quiet.

Cedric and Rosie would end up spending lunch in the library together, Rosie being a tiny bit late but having brought sandwiches for them both.

They ended up spending lunch and most of their free period in the library, pouring over various books containing spells that Rosie thought he might need, Cedric writing them down to practise later and whenever he could.

The both of them just hoped that when it came to facing the dragons, Cedric was ready. Because if not, then Rosie didn't know what on Earth she would do.

After all, she had been helping him and it would be mostly her fault if he failed.