˗ˋ 10

CHAPTER TEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH ENTRYS ARE PLACED

. . .

"An Age Line!" Fred Weasley exclaimed, his eyes glinting, as they allmade their way across the Hall to the doors into the entrance hall. "Well, that should be fooled by an Aging Potion, shouldn't it? And once your name's in that goblet, you're laughing — it can't tell whether you're seventeen or not!"

"Plus, Rosie brewed the potion and made it a little stronger. That should work right?" George seemed just as confident as his brother, and Rosie blushed. 

"How do you make a potion stronger?" Ron looked confused, looking over at Rosie, who just shrugged her shoulders, telling him something about ingredients. 

"We'll enter in the morning, alright?" Fred asked, as the twins and her split off from the group. "After breakfast sometime. It is Saturday, so we don't exactly have anything to do." 

"The potion is definitely ready, so you can enter whenever." Rosie replied. "However, it is Dumbledore who is casting it. So I'm pretty sure he will have done something against aging potions. It is taught fourth year, after all." 

"Whatever." George seemed especially happy as they were discussing the tournament, and Rosie slightly regretted bursting his bubble. "We might as well try. If not, oh well, we tried. You'll just have to win it for us."

"Yeah, well me and Cedric made a bet on either of us getting it." Rosie told them, and the twins looked at her, slightly confused as they entered the common room. "He seems to think either of us will get it. So, if I get it, he helps me with the practical stuff, and if he gets it, I help him with the more academic, technical stuff."

 "Pretty boy Diggory needs help with something?" Fred scoffed slightly. "Yeah, well you're probably going to get it. So we can help you." 

"And you can help us if we get it." George finished, and the trio settled on some chairs, where they would discuss the tournament until well into the night. 

The next morning, Rosie found herself hurrying down a staircase after Fred, George and Lee, into the Great Hall. "Done it," Fred said in a triumphant whisper to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Just taken it."

As the twins continued to tell the trio about their plan, Rosie stood by them, clutching her own slip of parchment - which had 'Rosie Kersey - Hogwarts' written on it in her best handwriting. 

She watched as Fred and George stepped over the age line, and almost, just almost, thought it had worked. But in a turn of events, a sizzling noise echoed and the twins were thrown backwards, and appeared on the stone floor, looking rather old. 

Rosie doubled over with laughter, stumbling back slightly into Ron, and apologising profusely to him, she walked over to the twins, and both her and Lee helped up the twins. 

"I did warn you," said a deep, amused voice, and everyone turned to see Professor Dumbledore coming out of the Great Hall. He surveyed Fred and George, his eyes twinkling. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

"May I add, the potion you made was very fine work, Miss Kersey. I hope your talent doesn't go unrecognised. I will be sure to tell Professor Snape of your findings." Dumbledore addressed Rosie, who blushed, smiling and thanking him. 

The group of students watched as Dumbledore walked down into the hall, disappearing into one of the doors nearby the teacher's table. "What was that about?" A voice asked, and Rosie turned around to see Cedric. 

"Aging potion had some.. hilarious consequences." Rosie told him, not aware that most of those gathered within the entrance hall were staring at them. "You ready to enter?" She asked, and Cedric nodded, showing her the neatly folded piece of parchment. 

"May the best win?" He said, repeating the words from the previous night. Rosie smiled, looking a bit more confident than the night before. 

"The best." She told him, shaking the hand he offered once again, as they both stepped over the aging line together, and cheers could be heard from students of their houses. 

"Ladies first." Cedric said, and Rosie smiled, stepping forward so she was right in front of the goblet. Closing her eyes, breathing in and out once or twice, fist raised above the flames, Rosie then dropped her piece of parchment into it.

With a roar of fire, the flames growing just slightly, Rosie had been entered into the tournament. "Forever the gentleman." She commented, and Cedric smirked a little, before stepping forward and getting the same results. 

"I should probably go check on Fred and George, maybe see those beards before they disappear forever." Rosie looked up at Cedric who nodded. 

"We'll find out tonight." He said. "Oh-" He quickly added, as Rosie began to walk away. "No hard feelings towards whoever got chosen?"

"No hard feelings." Rosie replied. "Pinkie promise." She held up her pinkie finger, and Cedric did the same, watching as she walked away. 

Both wondering just who would get picked later that night, and how many students would grow beards before the day was over.

✧