˗ˋ 03

CHAPTER THREE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE PLANNING BEGINS

. . .

Dumbledore's speech ended sometime amongst the endless chatter that had sprung amongst the students. It was bound to, the thought of entering and becoming Hogwart's champion was becoming the goal of many sixth and seventh years.

The age restriction didn't seem to stop those who were under the age of seventeen, or who would remain sixteen way past the start of the tournament from dreaming of it.

Fred, George, Harry and Ron were staring somewhat dreamily as they left the Great Hall, Hermione and Rosie walking along beside them.

"Age potion isn't going to do you any good." Rosie chimed into the conversation, and all four of the boys looked at her. "I have a feeling that a drop or so of aging potion won't work. I-"

"Easy for you to say. You can enter without even thinking about it." Fred interrupted, and Rosie raised a eyebrow, and he closed his mouth. 

"I don't think it would be that easy. Anyone can brew an aging potion." Rosie shrugged. "It'll need to be some form of advanced aging potion. Because lets be honest, it really is too simple."

"You do it then." George shrugged. "If you think it's so easy, you know that we didn't exactly succeed in our potion OWL." 

"I don't need to though, do I? I'll happily help you but don't look at me when it goes wrong." Rosie told them. The twins began discussing between each other, Ron, Harry and Neville chiming in every so often, as they made their way up to the Gryffindor common room. 

The Kersey girl was about to begin the ascent up the winding stairs to the dorm she shared with Angelina and Alicia Spinnet, when she felt an arm grab her and she was pulled up the stairs to the boys dorm.

Instantly she knew it was one of the twins, as she took one glance at the head of long-ish ginger hair, and she soon narrowed it down to George because of the mole that she could only just see on the back of his neck.

"So you kidnap people now?" She asked, sitting down next to Fred on his bed, but was smiling despite her words. The twins, plus Lee Jordan looked back at her, expectantly, only stopping so when she made a face.

"It's our preferred method." Fred told her. "Simple and effective. You just grab and drag. Gets people where you need them to be."

"And also a crime but ok?" Rosie replied, then looked at everyone, who seemed to be looking at her like they were waiting for her to say something. "You know, kidnapping might work but you do still need to tell people what you've kidnapped them for."

"Oh right." Lee said, and the twins seemed equally understanding now. "It's for the aging potion right?" He looked between the twins, who nodded. 

"Yes, you do know how to make it stronger right?" George looked a little concerned. "I mean like, so it will pass whatever test they have set up."

"It takes two weeks to brew, so you've got a little while to gather ingredients. I'll go get my potions book and then I'll write out a list." Rosie said, before getting up and disappearing for a few moments, returning with a potion book that was almost falling apart.

"Here." Fred passed her a bit of parchment and a quill, and Rosie sat down on his bed again, using the bedside table to lean on. She flicked to the aging potion page, and scribbled down the various ingredients onto the parchment. 

The boys leaning over her were surprised to see notes in miniscule handwriting covering each page, and continued to be so when Rosie flicked to the back of the book, where the four or so empty pages were covered in the same tiny handwriting. 

Rosie, squinting, went through each page, every milimeter being covered in tiny writing. Every so often, she would add something else to the list of ingredients, and the amount next to it. 

Upon further inspection from the three boys, they could see that this tiny writing was potion ingredients, and next to the name in brackets, was the uses of it. How she knew so many, none of them would ever know. 

"There." Rosie finished, placing the quill down carefully. "I'm pretty sure most of them you can get from Snape's cupboard." She said, looking over the list, moving away just as George snatched it up.

"Newt spleens?" He read, looking up at Rosie, "Bananas?" The girl nodded, and glanced down at her book, which she promptly closed. 

"Yes. I suppose you know your way to the kitchens? Or the Breakfast table?" Rosie asked, a slight smirk on her face. The boys shook their heads, watching as she got up and walked over to the door. "I need it all by the first of october, fifth at the latest." 

"You got it." The twins said in unison, and Rosie closed the door behind her, descending down the stairs. "You'll have to distract Snape whilst we get some, though." They shouted after her, and smiled when they heard an 'Ok' yelled back.

The plan to use the ageing potion was in place, and the person who was making it didn't even need to use it. It's funny how things can turn out. 

But anything is possible at Hogwarts.