˗ˋ 05

CHAPTER FIVE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THINGS ARE REVEALED

. . .

Upon Lupin returning, everyone seemed to sit up as he sat down, glancing nervously at each other before looking at the head of the table, where Sirius was at.

"Okay, Harry.. what do you want to know?" The man asked, and the attention turned from the man of the house to his godson, who looked practically ready to burst with questions.

"Where's Voldemort? What's he doing? I've been trying to watch the Muggle news," He asked, ignoring the renewed shudders and winces at the name, "and there hasn't been anything that looks like him yet, no funny deaths or anything-"

"Of course there hasn't been, you utter dimwit." Rosie mumbled, and George elbowed her.

"That's because there haven't been any suspicious deaths yet." Sirius explained, much gentler than Rosie would have gone for. "Not as far as we know, anyway... And we know quite a lot."

"More than he thinks we do anyway," The former Professor Lupin added, a hint of a faintly  confident smile appearing on his lips.

"How come he's stopped killing people?" Harry asked, clearly confused. He knew that Voldemort had murdered several people in the past year - so why would he stop there.

With a sigh, Rosie slumped against her best friend, head balancing on Fred's shoulder. Whilst she was very interested in hearing what members of the order had to say, it was rather stressful to think about, especially when it came to him murdering people, like he had with Cedric.

"Because he doesn't want to draw attention to himself at the moment," Sirius explained. "It would be dangerous for him. His comeback didn't come off quite the way he wanted it to, you see. He messed it up." 

"Or rather, you messed it up for him," Lupin added, the confident smile replaced with a satisfied one. "Well, and Rosie's potion skills and tears."

"How?" Harry asked, looking between Lupin and Rosie, who had sat upright, far more awake now that she had been mentioned.

"You weren't supposed to survive!" said Sirius. "Nobody apart from his Death Eaters was supposed to know he'd comeback. But you survived to bear witness. And if the Diggory boy - when he wakes up." He hastily corrected himself. "There's another witness."

"There's a good chance he won't remember any of it." Rosie spoke up, and all eyes were on her for a moment. "Healer Strout says that there's a very high possibility of him blocking out the entire experience."

"Possibly another witness, then." Sirius said. "But it is known that Cedric was there, and so if and when he wakes up, Voldemort has another problem on his hands - the boy he supposedly murdered."

"Either way, the very last person he wanted alerted to his return the moment he got back was Dumbledore," said Lupin. "And you made sureDumbledore knew at once."

"How has that helped?" Harry asked, and multiple mumbles of disbelief could be heard around the table - was the Potter boy utterly clueless? Or had all his knowledge simply left him from being around the Dursleys too long?