˗ˋ 61

CHAPTER SIXTY ONE 

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE MEETS THE PARENTS

. . .

Breakfast the following morning was a busy affair. Rosie had tossed and turned the entire night, unable to sleep without endless possibilites of what could happen during the task the next day running through her mind. 

Cedric was the same, except for him it was far worse. He was actually competing, actually going into the maze that had grown within and around the Quidditch pitch. Going in there with whatever horrors that he would have to beat. 

As Rosie entered the hall, far too nervous to say she wasn't going in, the owls arrived. She sat near Harry and the twins, peering over at the Hufflepuff table every so often, seeing Cedric sat with his friends. 

"You look like you're going to throw up." Angelina commented, peering over at her best friend. "You've turned slightly green - and you're not eating, you need to eat." 

"I know.. it's just the day. I've spent my entire school year helping Cedric for these tasks and now it's the final one.. it's the last task. And we don't really have any idea what's going on in this one." Rosie shrugged, prodding the sole sausage on her plate with a fork.

"Rosie, really, Pretty Boy Diggory will be fine." Geoorge chimed in, and when he got a look off of Rosie, he rolled his eyes, pouring a cup of coffee and sliding it over to her. "At least try to drink something - Merlin knows how long we'll be sat in the stands.. just waiting."

"Shut up with that sort of talk." Angelina hit George in the shoulder. "That's just going to make her feel worse. What Rosie needs is some reassurance, alright? Rosie, nobody is going to come to any serious harm - Dumbledore wouldn't let them. And if you're worrying about Cedric, go and talk to him, you have until this evening." 

"Yeah, that's a good idea. Maybe I should talk to Cedric.. maybe after breakfast. Yeah, that's a good idea. Breakfast.." Rosie fell silent, staring down at her coffee.

"Not exactly possible." Fred appeared over his twin's shoulder. "Harry's just been told that he has to go to a chamber with the rest of the champions after breakfast. The families of all the champions are here."

"The Dursleys came?" Rosie frowned, and Fred shrugged. "I hope they've not brought them here, that would be awful for him."

"Cedric might want to introduce you to his parents." Angelina blurted out, suddenly. "I know that they already know you, at least his dad does because of the Quidditch World Cup, but maybe as something other than a friend."

"As his long term crush and fake girlfriend who has somehow managed to make him survive this next thing through a little thing called-" George lowered his voice to a whisper. "Felix Felicis." 

"George Fabien Weasley if you don't shut your mouth right now then this coffee is going all over you." Rosie hissed. The twin laughed, and sat down beside her, pulling a couple of slices of buttered toast onto her place. 

"We're not going to leave until you've eaten something." George said. And they kept their promise, sitting there until Rosie finished one of the two triangles of toast - which was well after breakfast had ended.

They were just about to leave the Great Hall when one of the doors at the end of it opened, and the four of them turned around. Mrs Weasley, Bill and Harry moved out of the chamber, and a gasp fell from the twins' and Rosie's mouths.

"Oh thank god you're not the Dursley's." Rosie said, and they all made their way down to where the trio stood, beaming when Mrs Weasley pulled her into a hug. She was finally let go, and just as she stood back and the twins recieved their hugs, the door opened again and there was Cedric, Amos and Elora Diggory.

"Rosie!" Cedric exclaimed, and the girl thought back to the words George had said just before she threatened to throw her coffee on him - making her blush profusely. 

"So this is the girl!" Amos exclaimed, and beside him, Elora looked her up and down, a smile on her face. "Cedric, this is the girl who has been helping you with the task?" 

"You have?" Mrs Weasley asked. 

"Yeah, that's me. Rosie Kersey, we met at the Quidditch World Cup?" Rosie stood forward for a moment, holding out her hand. Amos shook it, and then Elora. "Pleasure to meet you."

Cedric grinned, and Rosie glanced up at him. Their smiles turned to a frown as  Amos noticed Harry, and made various comments on his points. 

"Oh, mum, dad, I just want to talk to Rosie - it'll take two moments." Cedric said, just as the two groups were to split up and go seperate ways for the rest of the day. 

Cedric pulled Rosie away and around the corner, and confused, Rosie went to ask, but then he spoke first. "I want to talk to you properly, before the task. If that's ok."

"Yeah, sure - are you alright? The potions didn't blow up in the night did they? Or did you break your wand.. or lost the potions?" Rosie began to ramble, the words sending her into a panic. 

"No, Rosie, I promise. It's nothing bad. My parents seem to really like you, by the way - anyone who helps their son is a friend of the Diggorys, apparently. Talking of my parents, I need to get back to them, so see you before the task?" Cedric seemed to ramble just as much as Rosie, who nodded quickly and watched as he dash off, slowly following later. 

Wondering why and what had turned them into these rambling messes.

✧